Finger protector

Cheshire Lass

Question

Do any of you use anything to protect your index finger when crocheting?

If I crochet for more than an hour I end up with a shiny groove in my finger is there anything to use to prevent this?

12 answers to this question

Cheshire Lass are you on ravelry.com because if you are then you can look up the finger sweater and it's very easy to make

I don't have a problem with my thread-holding hand, but sometimes the hook rubs on my finger where it moves as I hold it. I just stick on a bandaid and the padding cushions my finger. The bandaid stays clean, so I just take it off and stick it on the jar my hooks etc are in, so I can use it later....don't want to waste a bandaid:lol

I don't have a problem with my thread-holding hand, but sometimes the hook rubs on my finger where it moves as I hold it. I just stick on a bandaid and the padding cushions my finger. The bandaid stays clean, so I just take it off and stick it on the jar my hooks etc are in, so I can use it later....don't want to waste a bandaid:lol

I agree! And if you want fancy finger protection they sell all kinds of designs. LOL

I have the same problem. I used to use band aids but got tired of waisting them. I got a roll of medical tape at the drug store. Its cheap and is made of a textured plastic and is easy to rip with one hand.

I've also used the knitting yarn guide and I love it. I found it in one of the mags(cant remember which one was on sale) and ordered 2. I have also used a glove, cut all the fingers off except for the index finger, that works well also.

Thank you for all your advice.

The shiny groove is caused by the way I hold the hook, its right at the side of my fingernail I think I'll have to try a band aid. I have to stop crocheting after about and hour and a half. Maybe when I'm getting into a pattern I grip the hook tighter and tighter without realising it.

Archived