Harry Potter crochet

The other night one of the Harry Potter movies was on (the second one, I think). Having nothing else to watch (means, "I am too cheap to pay for satellite and we only get about 5 stations on the aerial"...) we watched, and I couldn't help but notice the garment that Mrs. Weasely was wearing had these crazy crocheted sleeves in all different colors. It was kinda cute and definitely original!

:hook

yea! Mrs. Weasley knits (and crochets) apparently in the books and i'm glad they kept that into the movies

In the 5th one, Ginny's wearing a granny square sweater thing at a table scene in the beginning too :)

• 3 weeks later...

There are other versions can be bought on various sites online too. One has a crochet shirt with it another doesn't.

There's a whole website for Harry Potter crochet. It's really cool.

Yep there are several crochet patterns out there.

There was a Harry Potter Theme CAL going at one time too (might start up when the movie comes out in July and the paperback version of Deathly Hallows comes out same month).

Debbi

thanks! i am trying to get a harry potter party for the kids at our local libarary in july before the movie comes out.

and i'm looking online for ideas.

If you're on Ravelry there a some HP groups to join. One is strictly crochet, too!

I'm in one that knit and crochet. We're sorted into houses and make things for classes. We get points, have common rooms, etc. It's been fun.

Debbi

• 4 weeks later...

I havent joined a house, but I am glad for all the links, I am making(or will VERY shortly ) a scarf for my gd.A scarf in July (lol), but hey ,thats what grandmothers do !!!!

I am working on a Dark Mark Tote Bag right now. I found a knitting graph online and just turned it sideways and used HDC and a 4.5 mm hook, it was supposed to be for a purse but when I did the starting chain I realized that it was going to be a tote lol.

I'd love to see a photo of the tote !!!! I started the scarf, and saw on here that there are badges you can buy,but with yarn you cant iron them on (the yarn would melt). I'll have to see if it needs it.........i'm thinking maybe a wand to go with it !

• 3 weeks later...

What an interesting thread! I LOVE the Harry Potter books and I love crocheting......what great patterns!:cheerPatterns to make those sleeves were quite popular a few years back, if you do a google search for Molly Weasley sleeves you can find quite a few interpretations of that housecoat.

That bag is SO cool!!! I am so happy to find this thread. I am a huge HP fan but never really thought about crocheting anything HP. I am also on Ravelry so I will check out that, too.

• 3 weeks later...

So Diana<~~~My moms' name too, you said you turned the graph sideways and did it? I have that same graph and was going to do it from bottom to top rightside up but i love the way yours turned out so I may turn mine sideways too.

Archived