So, I had about 2 hours this morning with nothing to do at work. I had yarn, but no crochet hook. So what do I do...

thought about something I read in a crochet magazine and tried it...

Finger crochet! I have this cute little scarf I made. It turned out a bit lacier than I thought it would, but it's nice.

Must do that more often....

:D

Wonderful idea. I'm sure it helped pass the time.

I always have a hook or two in my purse, just in case.:lol

When I had the two year old classroom, and the kids had to take a nap, it was the perfect time for a little crochet.

:manyheart

ooo really neat!! I actually learned how to do this when I was younger and tried to figure it out since I forget, good thing I saw the youtube video! TFS!

You are lucky to have a job where you can crochet. I never worked anywhere (except sitting with the elderly) that I could crochet at. When I sat with the elderly I would crochet up a storm while they were in bed or watching tv, etc. Good idea and I would love to see a pic too.

That's pretty awesome. I've never heard of anything like that before. I know how you feel being bored at work. Except that I work at Jimmy Johns and I can't really crochet at work. Nice job though.

I showed my DD how to make a chain with her fingers...I thought this was called finger knitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1TGfH96amw&NR=1 here's a link using double strands of yarn. :) It shows how to end off too.

Now that I know how to start the first row, I can teach DD this! This I know she can handle...the hook she still fights with (she's only 4), but this gives her the concept, and is easier to manage.

TFS the link!

I showed my DD how to make a chain with her fingers...I thought this was called finger knitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1TGfH96amw&NR=1 here's a link using double strands of yarn. :) It shows how to end off too.

Now that I know how to start the first row, I can teach DD this! This I know she can handle...the hook she still fights with (she's only 4), but this gives her the concept, and is easier to manage.

TFS the link!

:think I didnt think about his for my son who is 5..might have try this with him this weekend and see what happens!!:clap

Hmm sounds interesting, do you have a pic?

My camera's batteries are dead, but I do need to get some pictures soon and will post them.

This is a new idea to me.

There is never any time at work for me to crochet though.

You are lucky to have a job where you can crochet. I never worked anywhere (except sitting with the elderly) that I could crochet at. When I sat with the elderly I would crochet up a storm while they were in bed or watching tv, etc. Good idea and I would love to see a pic too.

This is the first time I've had time to crochet at work, I'm a teacher... and, well... school was on a 2 hour delay after a workday the day before and we had to be there at 8, so... yeah.

Otherwise, no time.

I've never checked out youtube for that before. Those are neat, but it's not what I did... I don't knit (personal issues there) but actually used crochet stitches with my index finger being the crochet hook.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Archived