Crochet That Fits by Mary Jane Hall

Mary Jane

I just want to mention my newest book, Crochet That Fits. There are 31 patterns for wearables and accessories. I have come up with a new method and call it the "Graduated Stitch Method" of crocheting shaped garments and accessories without increases or decreases. As some of you know, increases and decreases are not that difficult, but some people may have a mental block toward doing them, and put off making garments because of the skill level with most patterns using inc and dec. Really, it's just a matter of having to pay more attention to your work when you do inc and dec. But with my method you are letting the different stitch heights do all the shaping for you! Sometimes you will have sc, dc and trc on the same row. People everywhere are catching on to this easy method, and I get emails everyday from readers saying that this method really works and they have made a garment for the very first time! (and it fits great) I am very excited that I can help crocheters learn how to make garments when they never thought they could. The book is dedicated to people who have made only afghans, pot holders, or dish cloths their whole life. Please check the book out on Amazon. You will see some photos of designs there. You'll see more designs on Ravelry. My Ravelry ID is maryjane2. Please let me know if you have any questions on the patterns or the method! And especially thanks to all the people who have bought my books (also Positively Crochet)

Crochet That Fits has been nominated for "Best Crochet Pattern Book of 2008" and I am very excited just to be nominated! If you want to vote for it, please go to: http://www.crochetliberationfront.blogspot.com/

Thanks!!!!

Thanks for your comments! Let me know if you have any questions on the patterns or the method! (Graduated Stitch Method)

Mary Jane, I bought your Positively Crochet last fall and it quickly became my favorite crochet book. I can't wait to get your Crochet That Fits. Thank you for writing such lovely books with great instructions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just ordered this from Amazon, so I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival.

Update: This book is awesome and I'm so inspired by it; I already have Positively Crochet and both books are really well done and the patterns are quality. Well done Mary Jane!

• 2 months later...

I'm working on a shrug out of your Positivily crochet book now. LOVE it. I certainly will buy this bookk too. Your designs are wonderful and very easy to follow...

Hi Mary Jane,

as you already know I have this book, but I want everyone here to know that it is a real treasure, one I wouldn't do without...

Congratulations on your win!!!!

My crochet that fits just arrived. I want to make everything in the book!!! The designs are beautiful and the stitching design amazing. Never would have thought of doing that....I'm going yanr shopping this weekend for at least two of the projects. thanks for a great book...

Archived