Crochet World April 2009

siminsc

I got my issue a couple of days ago and finally got around to opening it. It's got so many patterns in it that I love! There's a shawl, a shrug, two dog sweaters and a really neat sweater pattern by Doris Chan. Are others excited about this issue, too? Crochet World is my favorite crochet magazine!

It's really a good issue this time. I love the pink and white baby blanket.

And wouldn't you know, it's my last issue. I will be renewing soon.

:manyheart

Got mine in the mail today. There's alot of cute patterns in it. I like the Monkey business Bib and burp cloth. Lady Bug scrubber is cute too. What do you ladies think about the Hoosier Granny Shrug. I think it's cute. The Puppy Love pattern isn't that somebody on here's pattern.

Carol:hook

I haven't gotten mine yet, but saw it on the stand at Hasting's last night. I designed the "Lovely Ruffles" shawl, so I was anxious to see how they presented it. By the way, for anyone interested in that pattern, I originally designed it in a lighter weight baby alpaca, which was really nice and light. The cotton yarn is pretty, but a little heavy. Sometimes you have to substitute yarns for publication.

I'm thinking I must now get a Crochet World subscription as well.. So little time, too many patterns to try! And yarn to BUY!

I haven't gotten mine yet, but saw it on the stand at Hasting's last night. I designed the "Lovely Ruffles" shawl, so I was anxious to see how they presented it. By the way, for anyone interested in that pattern, I originally designed it in a lighter weight baby alpaca, which was really nice and light. The cotton yarn is pretty, but a little heavy. Sometimes you have to substitute yarns for publication.

It's so nice. I plan on making one. I don't know what yarn I'll use for it yet.

Wow they have turned around! I love that market bag they have in there - and did you see the pirate skull blanket for next issue? Sweet!

I might need to rethink my subscription as well... It's been a long time since I got CW... I just let my issue of Fast n Easy or whatever that one was - that was a terrible magazine... this one though - yeah, I think I can feel my palm itching to break out the credit card...

They have a new editor, Michele Maks. She has definitely given CW a bit of a face lift. She is a very sweet lady and easy to work with.

:crocheting

Wow they have turned around! I love that market bag they have in there - and did you see the pirate skull blanket for next issue? Sweet!

I might need to rethink my subscription as well... It's been a long time since I got CW... I just let my issue of Fast n Easy or whatever that one was - that was a terrible magazine... this one though - yeah, I think I can feel my palm itching to break out the credit card...

• 1 month later...

Hi, I guess you might call this message me barging in... sorry... quick question. Is anyone else making the dog sweater for the female? I'm at a loss. Is some of the steps omitted by mistake?

thanks for any help!! I just got my little fur baby and having the darndest time making this sweater.

Hugs,

Kelley

Archived