How Do You Weave Ends

Do you

1. Weave them all in at the end?

2. Weave them as you go

I started weaving as I go cause I really detest ends and want to get rid of them as soon as possibly. I get so frustrated when I finish a project just to sit for an hour weaving stupid ends in.

Curious as to what others do

I usually wait till the very end and then sulk about it the whole entire time. I LOVE crocheting but HATE weaving in ends and of course I have to take a little longer when I weave in the ends cause I really want my item to last FOREVER. Probably doesn't help my extreme dislike for weaving in ends. But the finishing is one of the most important parts of an item though.

Julee

Julie that is too funny! I did the same thing and will admit to cussing and saying why the h*** did I have to do all these colors, etc. So far weaving as I go is better for me. What is it about those pesky ends that we all dislike so darn much?

Julie that is too funny! I did the same thing and will admit to cussing and saying why the h*** did I have to do all these colors, etc. So far weaving as I go is better for me. What is it about those pesky ends that we all dislike so darn much?

Actually, that's why I usually try very hard to use only 2 colors at one time. But everyonce in a while I choose a project or design something that involves loads of end weaving. Oh well, that's when I crank up some good ole and new country music.

Julee

Hate doing that part of the job, but I wait till the end to weave them in. I found that if I put the threads on a needle and weave them in real good they don't come out in the wash. Granny square blankets kill me!!

If it a small project, no matter how many colors, I wait until the end.

If it is afghan squares, no matter how many colors, I do it at the end of making each square

If it is an graphgan, I weave in the ends about every 1/5 th of the way through. 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, etc.

I wait until they start bothering the heck out of me. Then I weave them in. Then I get so much farther, and they start bothering me again, and I weave them in again! :-) I hate weaving them all in at the end, so I avoid that, but I won't weave in just one, LOL

I do both, depending on my mood.

I'll work on a project for a while, and then sometimes stop and weave in the ends if I'm waiting on more yarn or something.

Since it makes my WIP look nicer with the ends woven, it gives me inspiration to keep going.

Archived