2009 Prayer Blanket Challenge....with pattern link

teakaycee

that is awesome. thanks for the pattern, i got it. i have a couple of projects going on, but i will definitely get this one going and will let you know when it's finished. :U

Thanks so much! I appreciate your help!:hug

:heart

:mug

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have one ready to go, just need an address please.

Thank you so very much!!!! PM'd you hon!

you have a GREAT day!!! :hug

I finally got the blanket in the mail today. I had to find a box it would fit in. The post office didn't have much to offer that was big enough to use.

What does everyone else use to mails afghans in? Is there a bubble wrap envelope that would be big enough or something else (especially lighter than a box) to use.

Also would UPS be less expensive to use than the post office?

Any ideas from crochetville would be appreciated for the next time I need to mail one.

Thanks,

Toni

Hi Tam! I've got a blanket ready for you, but I've misplaced your addy! :think. I'd like to get it in the mail before my surgery this Thur, otherwise it will be next week. The colors are frosty green and pink camo. Hope you like it! :hug

I finally got the blanket in the mail today. I had to find a box it would fit in. The post office didn't have much to offer that was big enough to use.

What does everyone else use to mails afghans in? Is there a bubble wrap envelope that would be big enough or something else (especially lighter than a box) to use.

Any ideas from crochetville would be appreciated for the next time I need to mail one.

Thanks,

Toni

I've never mailed an afghan. Could you use one of the flat-rate boxes from the post office? That would probably be the cheapest way to go, depending on how heavy it is.

You could also go to the UPS website (http://www.ups.com.) There is a shipping calculator to use if you know the zip code of your destination. That can help you figure out which shipping carrier to use.

Hi Tam! I've got a blanket ready for you, but I've misplaced your addy! :think. I'd like to get it in the mail before my surgery this Thur, otherwise it will be next week. The colors are frosty green and pink camo. Hope you like it! :hug

I'm PMing you my address in one second! Thank you so very very much sweetie. Love and prayers going with you Thursday!:hug:manyheart

you are such a blessing!!!

thank you again dear!

Thanks,

Toni

:eekYour blanket made it safe and sound and is absolutely beautiful! Thank you so VERY much! A trick I try to use for mailing afghans is .... depending on how big they are... I buy Jumbo 2.5 gal Hefty baggies. get the blanket in there and squeeze all the aire out.. I can sometimes get the blanket then into a dress shirt box. Not so big for mailing and the weight is the blanket ... not the box.

Anyway... Toni............ Thank you my dear... the blanket is perfect and will bless a child like you have no idea! :hug:manyheart

have a wonderful day ladies!!!!!!!!

:c9

Thanks,

Toni

I keep an eye out around work for the right sized boxes. You're right that the post office doesn't have much to offer. Usually, if you're only shipping one blanket,a flat rate box will cost you more than a box you picked up from having something shipped. That's what I love about my post office, first time I took in a flat rate box with only an afghan in it, they told me it'd be cheaper if I found a different box.

HTH

Joyce

This charity tugs at my heart having had Nephritis as a child eons ago. I want to make a blanket but need the pattern.

God Bless you my dear... thank you for wanting to help!

PM'd you!!! :U

Hi Tammy!

I have started and pink and white one for you. My mom broke her hip a little over a week ago so with running for hockey, hospital and dealing with the temporary transition to rehab I haven't had much chance to work on it, but I am get it to you as soon as it is. :hug

Hi Tam, I just wanted to let you know I sent an afghan out today!!

:hug Thank you so very much!!!:hug

What a blessing this is going to be this year for these kids!

Hi Tammy!

I have started and pink and white one for you. My mom broke her hip a little over a week ago so with running for hockey, hospital and dealing with the temporary transition to rehab I haven't had much chance to work on it, but I am get it to you as soon as it is. :hug

:manyheart no worries my dear... you have all year to help!

I'm so sorry to hear of your moms accident! Tending to her is important right now... the blanket will get done when its suppose to!

thank you so much for helping!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Tam, just checking in to see if my afghan made it there okay!

OMGoodness Liz........... Please forgive me.:(

I just looked through my messages to be sure I had sent you a thank you for the blanket.... and of course there was no note. I am so very sorry.

Yes... you blanket made it safe and sound... it absolutely beautiful and bright. So cheerful for a child...THANK YOU!! :hug

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for being so rude and not sending a 'thank you' note!

God Bless you my friend! :manyheart

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to make one of these! I've PM'd you for the instructions - I have a pattern for a 6 point afghan somewhere I think, but not the twelve point. Thanks!

I would like to make one of these! I've PM'd you for the instructions - I have a pattern for a 6 point afghan somewhere I think, but not the twelve point. Thanks!

:hugThank you so very much for wanting to help!

What a blessing you are!

I sent you an email..... I hope you got it.

Do you post pics of the blankets you receive anywhere on your site? I love to see different colors and patterns with RRs.

Mine will be on it's way this weekend to you Tam.

Here's a picture of mine.

th_DSCF1006.jpg

URL%5D

Here's the one going in the mail this weekend or Monday. I did 3 dc shells for border so that has to flatten out but it is a 12 pt round ripple. :think

th_pinkandwhiterr.jpg

(clickable)

and here is a closeup of the stitches...

th_pinkandwhiterrcloseup.jpg

(clickable)

:ty I did get your email and have already printed off the pattern and started one with some VERY bright colors! I have tonight and tomorrow all to myself :tup (rare occasion with an 11 year old) and thought I could get a good start on this. Last night I got 7 or 8 rounds done in shocking golden yellow.

Archived