Ya know AOL shutting down HOMETOWNS...

I was going through my "favorites" on my putor, and ALOT of them don't work, why, they were AOL links....that makes me upset, I had alot of favorite squares people were sharing bookmarked, and darn it, thats what I get for not printing them all out. Thank goodness I DID print out my favorite one Circle of Friends square. I must have been in my twighlight zone during this AOL thing, cause I really dont recall a THING about it..............yea, I miss alot..:lol...either due to the drugs I take, prescription :P, or my health and being on line, OR my memory.........:eek

Anyone else have this problem missing sites? Anyone got any NEW links to share? :hook

Hugs and Hooks

JoAnn

It's almost getting where the only constant is nothing will stay permanent. Now when I upgrade software or install new stuff, I don't even bother customizing it. They'll change it and I'll have too much trouble remembering what I customized.

Yes MaryPat, I so agree, when I got my laptop, it was BRAND NEW, had XP, that was when Vista was comming out AFTER christmas, soooooooo I got a FREE upgrade, and do I wish I had stayed with XP!!! I guess its the same for everything, thank Goodness my hubby let me use up all the ink on his printer last week, now I printed out all my favorites, compliments of his boss giving him a NEW printer, scanner thingy...

I have loads of patterns saved but not printed. I either print them when I want to start work on them, or they are there just as a springboard for ideas etc.

The other day I went to look at one of them, and it was gone :eek Boy was I glad when I discovered it was one that I had printed up.

A lesson learned :yes

I have a 2g stick drive dedicated to saving patterns that I find online. Another one dedicated to recipes. And another one to write my best-selling novel on (if the muse would ever strike-hahaha!)

If I remember correctly, Circle of Friends is a Priscilla Hewitt pattern and she has a new site. Don't recall the URL, but it's probably listed over in that thread mentioned above.

I hope you can get most of your pattern sites back. CPC is a great place to check for those you can't find too.

I use a add on to Firefox called Scrapbook to save patterns. Even if the page is gone, the pattern is still in your scrapbook because it saves the page, not just the link. Great for patterns you are not sure you'll try but don't want to lose it either. I have a folder just for the free pattern of the day at Annies lol

Fireshot will do about the same thing. And it seems to also work for IE (internet explorer).. because when I first used it, it asked if I wanted it also available for IE.

Archived