Is this possible?

My grandaughter has asked me to crochet a Snuggli for her baby to be born in April. Wouldn't a yarn Snuggli just stretch out from the weight of the baby? Is there a certain kind of yarn that could be used? :think Are there even any patterns out there for Snugglies? I'm just so happy that she's asked me to make something for the baby that I'd really like to do this if possible. Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can give me. :hug

Rita in Ohio

I haven't searched for any patterns, but if you line it I think that would take care of the problem of stretching out; kind of why we line crocheted purses. Good luck with finding a pattern.

Karen

You know someone asked me if I made dog harnesses & I said the same that they'd stretch too much using yarn. If anyone knows of yarn that wouldn't that would be great. I've made leash splitters out of nylon but that would be too rough on the skin for a harness.

To help with the stretching issue...why not line it with flannel or some other soft or plush fabric.

I'm pretty sure I spotted lined snugglies somewhere on etsy, they might have been knit or just fabric, but I know inside they had nice soft material.

If you crochet it out of cotton and line it, that should take care of any stretching problems. I think it would be adorable! And totally washable! Perfect!

I don't know but if you were to have to line the whole thing in fabric then why not just make it in fabric ?

Yeah, one could make one out of fabric, but with your question, why crochet anything that might have to be lined? Like purses and some dresses and skirts...

Lining doesn't have to be that big of a deal really. It would give the item more strength and durablity.

Also, if one opted not to line it, and it did stretch, washing it would put it back into shape again. Like socks...

No I do understand lining purses they're small not much fabric in those but the slings are big that's alot of crocheting to do & alot of fabric. I just think if you could leave one of those steps off & still have what you want why not. If I were to make one in crochet I wouldn't want to have to line it I'd much rather throw it in the dryer after use. Just my opinion not meant to offend anyone :lol

What if you used two strands: one soft and stretchy, and one less so? I have a cotton/poly/acrylic yarn that doesn't have much stretch at all with it. Added to something stretchy, it might do the trick. And it's washable.

:hugThank you, my friends. I like both of the Snuglis that have been suggester. I think I'll show them both to my grandaughter and see which one she likes. I like the idea of using two yarns, one soft and stretchy and the other a little more firm. Crochetrville is just the best! :cheer:cheer:cheer It looks like I'm going to be busy because she also wants a big bag with lots of pockets to carry baby things. Our little girl is due in

April.

Rita K.

Archived