Hele Mai, Hau'oli, Hula (Come, Celebrate, Dance) 18" doll costume

ThePopeVI

PICT0378.jpg[/img]

Shirt

I used Caron Simply Soft Boucle in "bone" I dont think they make it anymore but I think any Bulky Boucle would work.

6 MM hook (US J)

Ch 34 DC in 3rd Ch from Hook and Across

work 2 more rows DC, Break off Brown

Switch to 5.5 MM hook (US I)

Attach Green

Work 2 rows DC

Start Straps, Ch 1, SC 2 DC 4 Ch 3 turn. DC in 3 (4 sts) work 5 rows total for strap. Break off leaving tail for sewing. to front. Attach to other side in back

Ch 1 SC in 2 DC in 4 Ch 3 turn DC in 3 (five times total again) Break off sew to front. I left 5 sts for armholes I think.

weave in ends, sew on buttons (I use my beginning row chains for buttonholes)

Skirt

1/4" elastic to fit around dolls waist.

Yarn in desired colors

5.5 MM hook (US I)

SC 4o around elastic (mine is green)

Ch 50 SS to next SC. If you want one length skirt Ch 50, SS in next st around) I change color every base sts.

I did an asymetrical hem I decreased 2 Ch each section until I reached Ch 30 I kept Ch 30 for for 2 sections of color then I increased back to 50 Sts. finish off weave in ends.

Flowers for lei

PICT0377.jpg[/img]

use any color yarn (GREAT for scraps!) I used my itty bitty yarn balls of nothingness! they are in order of the pic.

Ch 4 join to form ring, *Ch,3 2 DC, SS* in ring. repeat for each "petal" I used 4,5 and 6 petal flowers (4 petal flower is yellow one on wristband) 6 petal used for trim on skirt the rest are 5 petal flowers.

White Flowers

Ch 4 Join to form ring *Ch 3,DC, Ch 3 picot in top of DC, DC, SS* in ring repeat* for each petal.

Round Flower

Ch 4 Join to form ring, Ch 3, DC2, Ch 1, *DC, Ch 1* repeat * for each petal

Ch 50 in Green and thread flowers onto it then tie them into place (I put one end in a ch st. to make them stay in place. but you could just tie on if you dont mind if they move a bit)

PICT0381.jpg[/img]

Fun Fur Lei

Ch 45 in WW yarn of your color choice, Break off Attach Fun Fur * Ch 4, SS around base chain* (not into a stitch) repeat * until you like how it looks.

I also have a Boucle lei pictured I had a scrap length of yarn that was already cut and I just made a Ch of about 40 or 45 (until it ran out)

Sorry its a crummy picture I had a 1 yr old clinging to my leg when I took the pic LOL. and apparently the TV does NOT put out good picture lighting!

The bracelet is flowers tied onto a 1/4" elastic band tied around her wrist.

Enjoy! Please dont sell my patterns (I am new to this whole thing) if you make it and want to sell they physical outfit they you may. Also please use your own pictures.

• 3 months later...

Archived