Comfortghan for a Good Friend--Have Enough Squares, Update Post #55

The_Virginia_Hooker

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be sending squares your way soon! Just didn't want ya to think I forgot, I did a number on my finger last Sunday washing dishes, made it hard to crochet but have finally been able to make squares. =)

Will be sending squares your way soon! Just didn't want ya to think I forgot, I did a number on my finger last Sunday washing dishes, made it hard to crochet but have finally been able to make squares. =)

Thank you :hug And take care of that finger :eek

Amount of squares that have arrived: 14 and counting

Amount of squares i've made: 0.5 :blush Never made squares before, so i'm learning quickly lol

It's been a busy week, funeral was Tuesday and memorial was Saturday. The memorial was held at a church that holds 120 people. We estimated that at least 500 arrived yesterday, might have been more, but i could only see so far from where i was sitting. :eek:eek:eek

Anyway, this week i'll have more time to make my own squares as well. And also, once i have enough squares, once i stitch them together, i will post pictures, and will probably post pictures in progress.

So sorry I'm late, but it will be in the mail tomorrow! Its packaged and ready to go, but my PO is closed right now, so tomorrow it is. I've been dealing with sick kids for a week and the last to be sick frinally goes back to school tomorrow! YAY!

So sorry I'm late, but it will be in the mail tomorrow! Its packaged and ready to go, but my PO is closed right now, so tomorrow it is. I've been dealing with sick kids for a week and the last to be sick frinally goes back to school tomorrow! YAY!

Thank you :hug

I know I promised earlier but they will go out Tomorrow, it's been the week from hades.

That's OK, I'm still working on my own squares :hug. And since i had never made granny squares until now, my first one took three days to finish. I'm on Square #4 now, i'm getting a little faster.:lol:hook

• 2 weeks later...

Amount of squares that have arrived: 41 and counting

Amount of squares i've made: 4.5.

Had to slow down on making my own squares, since i took so many days off in Dec. and Jan. i've had to work more to build up more PDO (paid days off, vacation days, which is also the same reason why i haven't been on here much :(. I am HOPING that next weekend (not the one coming up) i'll be able to start planning the "layout" of the ghan, which requires b/f to be occupied somewhere outside of the house, and the dogs outside, so that i can use the floor as my 'table' without a parade of dirty feet trying to get in my way lol.

And, an update on my friend: he has no idea about this blanket still, but he has been having a rough time on and off :( since he's had to deal with telling people who didn't know about his wife, telling bill companies, insurance to take her name off of the account, etc. But for the most part, he's doing OK, every once in awhile the reality hits him a little more at times than it does others, but that's to be expected.

Archived