Crocheting on JetBlue

Went to my brother's home in Orlando to visit the family but interestingly on my way there I had a window seat and my son was in the middle seat....Lo and behold another young lady had the aisle seat. As soon as the plane takes off we both look in our totes and pull out our hook and yarn, lol. My son just turned to me and said.."can't get away from this can I...now I'm surrounded." I managed to get the scarf 3/4 of the way done. She was working on a filet pattern in a lovely pink yarn.

Interestingly, I noticed we both held our hooks differently. I used underhand like a pencil and she held hers over the hook. But we were crocheting along for the duration of the trip. Noticed the ladies across the aisle looking at us both and admiring our work. What a coincidence!:hook

Oh, and I taught my sister-in-law how to crochet. She's loving it! Took some hooks and a knitting kit for her as a holiday present then went shopping for :yarn:clap

That's wonderful. I'm glad you met a fellow crocheter and had a nice experience on the plane. It's something that doesn't happen too often in travels.

I am glad I crochet on the airplane. Makes the trip go so much faster. And layovers are a breeze.

We had weather trouble coming from San Diego last March. DD did homework, and I crocheted as we sat in the airport.

It passes the time.

:manyheart

How great was that - didn't you talk to each other?

Last time I was in an airport, I saw a woman crocheting a baby blanket and we had a delay, so I wanted to sit next to her but someone else had taken that seat. Later on, she got up and disappeared!!!

How great was that - didn't you talk to each other?

Last time I was in an airport, I saw a woman crocheting a baby blanket and we had a delay, so I wanted to sit next to her but someone else had taken that seat. Later on, she got up and disappeared!!!

Other than to ask if she crocheted or knitted...that was before she got her hook. Then we were both at it and passing the time. She'd look my way to admire my work and I'd look her way. Son kept checking us both out and once we landed he just said i was faster at it, lol.

I was on my way to work and found a young lady crocheting on the bus. I gave her this site. Then on my way home the same day I was blessed to see another young lady crocheting. It is a joy to see so many women that crochet in one day.

I was going to take some crocheting with me when I went to vist my daughter in Texas, but I was afraid that airport security would take my hook. :eek Or, even the yarn. So I left it at home. :cry

Did you take a plastic or metal hook?:think

I had the clover hook. In a ziplock bag. I've taken that before too and didn't have a problem with it. I did have to checkin my bag because the knitting needles were packed inside.

How neat!

I took my daughter for a checkup the other day and her pediatrician said to me, "Oh, you're crocheting!" I think my mouth dropped to the floor. LoL Most people think everything with a needle is knitting. She explained that her grandmother did it, but that she (the dr.) just didn't have the patience for it.

Archived