2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

:cheer
I officially finished off 2 skeins today - not easy to do when the skein is large & the projects small. I also rolled another 3 skeins into balls....so I am starting out the week right with +7 so far & it's only the first day. :clap
:cheer:yay:clap That's AWESOME!!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL TexasSugar! I would have been happy to share the honor with you. Now let's see how well we can get our numbers back towards the positives!!! We can do this :cheer:cheer:cheer

Would you like a special challenge? Your YTD is 4 points better than mine, but I am still willing to race you to zero. What do you say?

Hmm, how fast do you crochet? LOL!! :think

I guess I could put down my first doily, it seems to take me a little longer to do that small thread, and pick up some squares. Getting back to zero would mean finishing up two granny square afghans and completing the Angel afgan they had as a free pattern on Annie's Attic recently. I haven't done anything like it yet so I'm hoping it goes well.

I'm up for a little competition, atleast it is more motivation to get there right? Lets do it!! Happy :crocheting!!

Hmm, how fast do you crochet? LOL!! :think

I guess I could put down my first doily, it seems to take me a little longer to do that small thread, and pick up some squares. Getting back to zero would mean finishing up two granny square afghans and completing the Angel afgan they had as a free pattern on Annie's Attic recently. I haven't done anything like it yet so I'm hoping it goes well.

I'm up for a little competition, atleast it is more motivation to get there right? Lets do it!! Happy :crocheting!!

This will be fun!:hug Are you very competitive? Am I in trouble here?:whew:scared

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short...

While I used up 2 skeins and reduced one to a ball (+5), there was also backsliding...I'm taking one of the Crochetville online classes this coming weekend, so naturally, I needed more yarn (2 skeins), plus I had an emergency with one of my projects where I was running out of yarn (4 skeins), so...

Stashbuster Total: WTD -7 YTD +81

The shame...

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short...

While I used up 2 skeins and reduced one to a ball (+5), there was also backsliding...I'm taking one of the Crochetville online classes this coming weekend, so naturally, I needed more yarn (2 skeins), plus I had an emergency with one of my projects where I was running out of yarn (4 skeins), so...

Stashbuster Total: WTD -7 YTD +81

The shame...

There is no shame in buying yarn that you need. Besides, look at the AWESOME YTD score of yours! I'd sure like to be sitting there with you right now! That's GREAT!:cheer:yay:clap

There is no shame in buying yarn that you need. Besides, look at the AWESOME YTD score of yours! I'd sure like to be sitting there with you right now! That's GREAT!:cheer:yay:clap

How kind of you...thank you! :c9

This will be fun!:hug Are you very competitive? Am I in trouble here?:whew:scared

Nah! It is inspiration to get something done, but I will not stay up all night and crochet all day just to beat you. I seriously think that it will take several weeks for me to get through all those skeins, if not longer.

That said, I'm 13 (3 round) squares into a skein of Aruba Sea. So the skein is about 1/3rd gone. I can't figure out if the yarn is just a little bit thicker than the last one I used, or if it feels funny after working with thread last week. :think

We can do it though. :cheerZero, here we come!:cheer

Wanna know a secret, even though my number is huge I'll probably stop by the yarn aisle tonight at work and see if they still have some of that 99 cent super soft yarn left. :blush

well I busted through another skein of yarn on my wrap so +2 for me and this week so far doing pretty good didn't buy yarn today but I did buy a crochet lite hook an I hook

We can do it though. :cheerZero, here we come!:cheer

Wanna know a secret, even though my number is huge I'll probably stop by the yarn aisle tonight at work and see if they still have some of that 99 cent super soft yarn left. :blush

I need to go back to Michael's to get my daughter actually signed up for the cake decorating class, so you KNOW I'll be checking out the clearance section again -- like I need any more yarn!:devil

I've been bouncing among 3 projects, so I'm using yarn, but not using UP yarn. It will come. We'll get there!:cheer

Thanks for grabbing my score Beth. :hug I forgot to post Sat. but didn't use or buy anything :sigh Maybe I'll get some points this week.

If you avoided getting negative points, you did a great job!:cheer If you are crocheting, you will get positive points. :cheer

and you are doing a lot better than I did last week!:devil

I'm crocheting my very first RR / star blanket-thing (is that the same thing?), and I can see why it's so addictive!! ;) I'm actually making a "Tree-skirt", exept that here in Norway they doesn't look like the tree skirt patterns I found on the internet. Here they just look like normal blankets that's under the tree, not made to hide the tree foot or anything. So I'm just crocheting a RR in white, and I'm going to add some silver towards the end.

Enough babbeling.... +2 for me just for tonight!! :D (two strands held together helps a lot... :P) I have to go to bed now, but can't wait to get some more crochet time tomorrow! :D

Finished that grocery bag, and several butterflies to use the last of the skeins. Used 3 altogether so it is +6 for me today.

I need to go back to Michael's to get my daughter actually signed up for the cake decorating class, so you KNOW I'll be checking out the clearance section again -- like I need any more yarn!:devil

Hello, my name is Tracy and I have a problem! I can't stop buying yarn. :laughroll You would think after last weeks numbers I'd stay far, far away from the yarn aisle, but nope. That would be too easy. I bought three skeins of Bernat Soft Boucle yarn for $.99 a piece. I almost bought more, but have never worked with it so I thought I'd better come home and look it up and ideas for it first.

So that's a -6 for me. I'm getting closer to finishing a skein off, maybe I can post a positive number soon. :think

well didn't buy any yarn today tempting but then I think to myself what am I going to make plus using up some of the yarn not sure what I'm making just freeforming it

aphelia, your tree skirt sounds beautiful! I hope you will post a picture when you are done with it.

Thanks, I sure will! :)

I'm working on many projects now.. I'm usually working on one (or two), but now I'm working on four. :D I like it! I'm making a bolero (soon done, but I need to sew it together, and that was difficult... Besides, I think it's too small for me), the tree skirt I was telling you about, a shawl (Eva's shawl, so pretty pattern!) and a kerchief. I have also bought yarn for two more projects, but think I'll have to finish one before I start. ;)

What are you all working on? :)

Thanks, I sure will! :)

I'm working on many projects now.. I'm usually working on one (or two), but now I'm working on four. :D I like it! I'm making a bolero (soon done, but I need to sew it together, and that was difficult... Besides, I think it's too small for me), the tree skirt I was telling you about, a shawl (Eva's shawl, so pretty pattern!) and a kerchief. I have also bought yarn for two more projects, but think I'll have to finish one before I start. ;)

What are you all working on? :)

I'm working on too many things: I'm trying to knit a scarf. I'm making a granny square afghan, an afghan wrap (bernat has the pattern -- it's like an afghan with sleeves!), a cosmetic bag for my dd, a sweater for my dd, and a spiral afghan.

well didn't buy any yarn today tempting but then I think to myself what am I going to make plus using up some of the yarn not sure what I'm making just freeforming it

Very interesting! I'd love to see what you end up with!

Archived