Has anyone recieved their Dec Crochet World

I recieved my issue of Crochet World a couple days ago and I am try to make the "Santa Clause Is Coming To Town" runner (it is on page 22). I am very confused. by looking at the graph I should be working the runner right to left (294 squares), but it you read the direction it only has you chain 188. This would equal the 60 squares time 3 plus 8 chairs for the beg sp) that is top to bottom. Can someone that has this issues take a look at it and see if I am just reading to wrong?

Now it would probly be easier to work the runner top to bottom instead on right to left, but would that look wierd. All the filet peices that I have done have been worked from right to left.

Thank you for you help

I'm patiently waiting for my magazine after seeing all the neat looking patterns on the website, so I can't help with the stitch count.

However, if the filet piece is oblong, my personal preference is to work it in the 'short row' direction. I think it's easier to count stitches with a shorter row, and it seems to go faster ( I know the latter is all in my head :lol )

I don't think it matters when looking at the piece, if the stitches run one way or the other. Just my two cents.

My issue is being shared right now but is it possible that is the number for working for the short side?

I remember the project but knew I could never make it so I didn't fuss with the destructions.

I was looking at the picture and it seems to me that it is worked on the short side and going down the whole runner if you look at the way the dc are in the trees and such they are worked on the short side. hope that helps.

Thank you all i was thinking it would be easier to work it top to bottom as that is the shorter side. but when you look at the graph row 1 and 2 are marked as if you are working the piece left to right. i was hoping that was a misprint but wasn't sure.

I'm anxious to see the December one, but I just got my October issue and I'm sure the fact that I got a bill for my subscription on Friday means I had better pay it right away so that I can get said Dec. issue!

Stephanie

Archived