My Stargahn

gavinsmom

I did a rainbow starghan and then I had a bunch of the middle color left over so I reversed the second starghan colors just to use up the yarn. Might be a good way for son and cousin to be happy campers! :c9

I've not posted the reverse one on my blog yet, but I will get that done, hopefully this weekend.

Jessie :turtle:hook

I LOVE THE COLORS! I can't wait to make one too. I saw the pattern out here last weekend and am anxious to try it. Can you make it as big as you want to or is there a point where you must stop? LOL

I think u can make it as big as u want ... the orignial patter said like 15 rounds I think and I made mine 28 ... it goes quick until u get to the last 2 colors it seems to drag :lol

I did a rainbow starghan and then I had a bunch of the middle color left over so I reversed the second starghan colors just to use up the yarn. Might be a good way for son and cousin to be happy campers! :c9

I've not posted the reverse one on my blog yet, but I will get that done, hopefully this weekend.

I saw u say that u had enough to make two so I have plans for another one for another PG friend. My husband thinks its too girly for gavin :lol: So I think I'm going to make him one in different shades of blue and green to match his room.

THIS IS VERY CUTE FOR A CHILD. YOU WOULDN'T LIKE TO SHARE THE PATTERN WITH US, OR WOULD YOU??? I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE THIS AFGHAN FOR SOME OF MY HELPING HANDS KIDS. AN ILL CHILD WOULD LOVE THIS ONE. IT'S SO BRIGHT AND CHEERFUL!!!

BETTY IN TN

DO YOU LOVE TO CROCHET FOR CHARITY???

We are a loving, caring group of crocheters who put hands to use making items afghans, chemo caps, baby booties and other needed items to donate to hospitals, cancer clinics, nursing homes and needy families. If you would like to check us out and lend a helping hand, please click on the link below. We would love to have you. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HelpingHandsofTN/links/

I saw u say that u had enough to make two so I have plans for another one for another PG friend. My husband thinks its too girly for gavin :lol: So I think I'm going to make him one in different shades of blue and green to match his room.

When I reversed them, I had started with blue in the middle and then it ended up being blue on the outside, so one looks girlie and the other looks like for a boy! Same colors though. It's cool. I'm expecting my first, so I have one for either way! :lol I will try and get a picture of them together and send to you.

I did 5 rows of the beginning color, 1 row white, 3 rows color, 1 row white and so on until I used all the colors I wanted to use! I used 7 colors. It's all done in double crochet and works up really fast. Mine measures 45 1/2" from point to point and I do crochet loose.

I think I like yours better though because the colors seem to blend together. Very nice!

THIS IS VERY CUTE FOR A CHILD. YOU WOULDN'T LIKE TO SHARE THE PATTERN WITH US, OR WOULD YOU??? I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE THIS AFGHAN FOR SOME OF MY HELPING HANDS KIDS. AN ILL CHILD WOULD LOVE THIS ONE. IT'S SO BRIGHT AND CHEERFUL!!!

BETTY IN TN

the pattern is posted on post number 34;)

When I reversed them, I had started with blue in the middle and then it ended up being blue on the outside, so one looks girlie and the other looks like for a boy! Same colors though. It's cool. I'm expecting my first, so I have one for either way! :lol I will try and get a picture of them together and send to you.

I did 5 rows of the beginning color, 1 row white, 3 rows color, 1 row white and so on until I used all the colors I wanted to use! I used 7 colors. It's all done in double crochet and works up really fast. Mine measures 45 1/2" from point to point and I do crochet loose.

I think I like yours better though because the colors seem to blend together. Very nice!

I planned on putting white in it, but when I went to walmart I forgot to pick up white ... so it was an oh well it will work without it :lol I hate walmart and didnt want to go back and they are the only store around here who carries the ss brites

That is one pretty afghan; I love the bright colors. And your son is a cutie pie! :manyheart

What a unique shape for a baby afghan. I like it.

I planned on putting white in it, but when I went to walmart I forgot to pick up white ... so it was an oh well it will work without it :lol I hate walmart and didnt want to go back and they are the only store around here who carries the ss brites

Oh, do I hear you, I work for WM corporate, and the LAST place I want to go when I get off work is to the store! I dread it and tend to go late at night or early morning. Speaking of work, I have to go there in the morning... Sigh...

I am glad they are carrying the SS Brites though, and I am feeding that buyer with all my other "wants" too! ha! I am sure I have lots of influence! :)

Archived