safe and medically-sound environment.

I put in the site addy if you want to look. Anyway every child goes

home with a homemade item, one of which is an afghan. Do you think

in Feb and March we can do a group challenge for this? All blankets

will be given in the groups name. I will also take any squares up

until that time and box them up. 12 Pt RR would also be great. We

need to use either 6" or 12" squares in primary colors. Bright blue,

green, yellow and red. Kyle Petty Nascar driver( whom my husband has

met ) and his wife founded this foundation.

http://www.victoryjunction.org/aa_home/index.html

Please consider and let me know. Also I will assemble the blankets

and depending on how many squares we get I may need a helper.

Thank you,

Carol in NC

heart3.gifAfghans

Each camper at Victory Junction takes home a hand-made afghan as a souvenir from camp.

• The afghans should be knitted or crocheted with bright, cheerful colors! Our camper unit colors are blue, green, yellow and red and are great choices for afghans! <LI class=style15>There are no specific design requirements, you can be as creative as you like!
  • The afghans should be 35-40 inches wide by 45-50 inches long.

I live not to far away from this camp. I never been to see the camp. I did see a video about the camp at work during a staff meeting and it looks like a great place. I think they offer tours. Their was an article in the newspaper a few months ago ago the afghans. I am thinking about making an afghan.

Hi! I'm fairly new here and (I think) this is my first post.

I've 'subscribed' to this thread to keep an eye on it... I'd love to contribute some squares to this project. You can let us know if you're looking for 6 or 12 inch squares and if you have a specific pattern in mind.

Thanks for organizing this, it's a huge undertaking! :angel

I know the Petty family. Know Richard and his wife more. This is a wonderful family doing amazing things with this camp. They appreciate all the assistance they get for the kids with their health problems. I think this is a marvelous project.

Wow, with the other people posting their thoughts and experiences about the camp and the Petty family, I am getting excited. :yay I have lots to do right now, but I am thrilled that this project is not due super soon so I can take my time and do some hopefully cool stuff for the kids! :D Do you know how many they give out?

I guess I should have also asked... what other items do they accept? Do they take toys, etc as the handmade gifts they give out? I don't want to take the focus off of your afghan squares, but if we wanted to send a little something like that, would that be good?

sub_sewing.gif

sewing.gif

horse.jpg

While at Victory Junction, each camper sleeps in a bed that is covered with a hand-made quilt. They also take home a hand-made afghan and a hand-made teddy bear or a hand-made Vic the Horse stuffed animal. Victory Junction needs a lot of bears, horses, afghans and quilts. There is no time like the present to begin making these camp treasures!

Victory Junction is currently accepting all sewing program items with the strongest need being checkered bears and horses.

Dimensions and instructions:

heart3.gifQuilts

During our Family Weekends, every camper bed at Victory Junction is covered in a hand-made quilt. Our campers get to take these mementos home with them at the end of the weekend !

• <LI class=style15>The quilts should be patchwork quilts that are made from cotton or flannelette. <LI class=style15>There are no specific design requirements… be as creative as you like! <LI class=style15>The quilts should be twin sized or approximately 60 inches by 80 inches. <LI class=style15>The quilts should be machine washable.

heart3.gifAfghans

Each camper at Victory Junction takes home a hand-made afghan as a souvenir from camp.

• <LI class=style15>The afghans should be knitted or crocheted with bright, cheerful colors! Our camper unit colors are blue, green, yellow and red and are great choices for afghans! <LI class=style15>There are no specific design requirements, you can be as creative as you like! <LI class=style15>The afghans should be 35-40 inches wide by 45-50 inches long.

heart3.gifHand-madeTeddy Bears

In addition to an afghan, each camper will also receive a hand-made camp teddy bear or a Vic the Horse mascot.

• <LI class=style15>The bears should be approximately 17 inches in height. <LI class=style15>Bears should be made of black and white checkered fabric <LI class=style15>There is a standard pattern so that all of the bears are consistent in size and type. Click the link below for the bear pattern or email for a copy.
  • Try making your bear unique by making some of the panels solid or patterned fabrics. Just keep approximately 50% of the bear in a black and white checkered fabric. (Note: If using racing fabrics, please do not use any alcoholic or drug sponsored fabrics. Thanks!!!)

heart3.gifHand-made Vic the Horse Mascot

In addition to an afghan, each camper will also receive a hand-made camp teddy bear or a Vic the Horse mascot.

• <LI class=style15>The horse should be approximately 15 inches in height. <LI class=style15>The horse should be made of black and white checkered fabric, black fabric, white fabric and bright colored yarns
  • There is a standard pattern so that all of the horses are consistent in size and type. Click the link below for the horse pattern.

Click link below for the bear pattern or the Vic the Horse pattern or email us for a copy.

Please mail or deliver these items to the address listed below. Don't forget to download the

in-kind donation form and include it with your donation!

The Victory Junction Gang Camp

c/o Sewing Program

4500 Adam’s Way

Randleman, NC 27317

horse_small.jpg

bear_small.jpg

adobe_pdf.gif

Adobe Acrobat Reader

338K . application

http://www.victoryjunction.org/aa_camp/camp01_mission.html

You will find all the info at this site. I will take any of the items listed. Or you can send yourself if you want.

Attach your first name and which group you are sending from please.

Thanks all.

Carol in NC

UPDATE:

Due to a few surgeries I will be having in Dec. and Jan. Sissie 44 will be assembling the ghan's for the VJGC. She is such a sweetheart. I will give you and addy if you don't know Sissie yet. She is very involved in the Ville'. Thank you for all your help.

I don't want to commit this far in advance but I could probably get an afghan done in feb/march. My mom's b-day is in early feb and then there is a dead zone for birthdays until June so I should have a clear calendar. I'll subscribe to the thread. Also I'd like to have you look at the afghans I'm making for the girls -- they're not traditional but they might be nice for the kids. Big girls will be done mid Nov and baby by the end of the year.

Hi Carol:

My name is Gloria and I am a new member. I would love to crochet a few blankets. Did I read your post correctly; the blankets would be sent to the children around March of 09?

I live in MA however; my dad lives in Conover, NC. I visit him often and if your not far from Conover I could possible help you assemble squares; and or help with packing.

Happy Halloween! :jack

Glo,

Glad to have you on board. We live on the east coast. My DH and I are going to hand deliver the blankets. Someone else is going to assemble them for us. I have 2 groups doing this project and a prize for each group. It's a surprise but believe me it's going to be good.

Carol in NC

Another update. We have added a second place prize of 4 skeins RH SS yarn your choice of colors. Our actual challenge is for Jan and Feb. but I will take any squares from now to Feb. Please have all squares sent out by 1st week in March.

afternoon everyone, I am so happy to be a part of this Project!! we all knew we would find something again :devil:lol:lol:lol

I am thinking (LORD HELP US ALL:lol:lol) that between now and April 30th we should have quit a few to go here:cheer:cheer

Archived