What is your favourite pattern?

There are those patterns we tend to do over and over...

In the past few months I have found myself returning to some.

Like the Filigree shawl on the Groovy Crochet site, Homespun poncho on Lionbrand site, Dot's XO hat.

So what is your favourite?

Hmmm ... interesting. I love the throw pattern that I made for my mil and the kids' teachers for Christmas (easy and I can fly through it and looks gorgeous when done) - it's a pattern in leisure arts afghans for all seasons book. I also like Chelle's poncho pattern, it's super quick, versatile, and pretty too. I like the 12" supernova square pattern, too.

I've been doing a lot of dishcloths lately and my favorite pattern seems to be the Round Ruffles Dishcloth on Marlo's Crochet Corner. I've also made several giant granny square throws. They are super fast and can be done in so many different ways.

Filet tableclothes. I have a book that has 6 differents graphs to follow. They are for dining room sized tables, oval. They are gorgeous. I have made 4 so far. They are fabulous and make beautiful wedding presents, which 2 have been!

I really love the Rose in Bloom afghan pattern, it's a bit involved but worth it, here's a pic to show you:

srosesf5tq.th.jpg

I've made that one and am in the process of making another for the same lady who got this one. She wants the roses in 6 different colors this time. I have all of one color done, most of another color done so I have 4 more colors to go then I can start on the rest of the squares and put it together.

I'll probably not make another one for awhile though, doing all those roses gets monotonous even with different colors.

I really like to do different patterns cause I get bored easily.

I've made 3 pineapple shawls and have plans for one more then I'll probably put that pattern aside for awhile. As pretty as it is I can only stand to make so many before I have to put it up for awhile. Here's a pic of it:

pineappleshawl4hb.th.jpg

:frog

Definitly Chelle's halter top pattern for my three year old. I've made her three already and that's only because I ran out of cotton yarn and vowed not to buy any more until I stash bust. It's super fast and easy and everyone loves them.

Although, I'm currently pattern testing a really pretty ruffly t-shirt (again for the three year old) made with thread. It's taken me about 5 hours to get through 2/3 of it, but it's turning out really pretty, so it may just be a tie.

I have three favorite baby sweater patterns, too. When friends/family have babies, I always go to one of those three patterns even though I have dozens in different books.

A throw pattern I got from a crochet magazine years ago. It orginally is one strand, fringe, and adult size. I've made it using two strands or one depending on my mood. I've use all different size hooks. I've made it baby size adult size and in between. I've fringed it and edged it.

:manyheart

A baby afghan pattern called Ribbons & Ruffles from (I think) a Leisure Arts booklet. I've lost the book long since, but I've used the pattern so many times in so many sizes that I can do it in the dark; it's a good all purpose pattern that just ... works. I'm about halfway through an afghan for my daughter using that pattern now; I think this makes #11. or 12. Something like that, anyway. I really need to try what Empress said, doing it with 2 strands of yarn; dunno why I never tried that, I bet it'd be pretty and work up super fast.

I'm so wishy washy that probably my favorite pattern is the one I'm working on getting started on. There's something about buying the thread and getting your stuff all together to begin. Wow. What a high.

I hate to say this next part, because it sounds prideful. But since I DO make pieces to order, the item I work MOST on all the time and don't need a pattern to follow is one I did. It's called Morning Blossom Tankini. It has flower cups with seed beads in ea st of ea petal. It's pretty involved, but I've made it so much that I could crochet it with my eyes closed.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to return time and time again to the Doll Dress Potholder Pattern at the Shady Lane Site, the scrubby Angel pattern I got off of some website- I don't remember which one- but, the theme was crocheting christmas gifts year around....the Country Rose buttonless towel topper off of the Around the Crochet Table Site, the CD Coasters - got the link to the pattern from the Crochet Pattern Central site... - But, for Afghans, I tend to go back to the Easy Shell Pattern I got from Celtwich's site..( It's no longer on the site due to Copyright issues.) - those are the ones I go back to time and time again. But, when it comes to afghans, I tend to want to try something new and different each time.

Nita

Archived