the awsom pineapple fan Shawl (any intrested?)

q8_crochet

hello ladeis

i`ve seen this idea and heard even in blogs from ladeis that they`ve taken the idea from the ville but i`ve never found :thinkit`s cal so i wanted to start it cause i wanna make more than one:clap

it isa doily pattern made with WW yarn and big hook to be in a shawl size:crocheting

i`m up to row 16 now and going so any intresters to make it with me??:manyheart

this is the pattern:

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/PineFan.html

and these are some examples of finished shawls:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8304

http://www.jinglelady.us/crochet/archives/000922.html

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81975&highlight=pinapple+shawl

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12954&highlight=pinapple+shawl

Another Pineapple Shawl 2

Pineapple shawl2

1)q8_crochet (athba) - country rose

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh that is adorable! What a nifty idea. I am definitely in, but I have to check my stash to see what I have before I can post colors, etc. I've promised dh that I will not buy anymore yarn (aside from swaps) until I use half of what I have. :eek

Quick question- what size hook are you using? I've looked at all of the photos and they are gorgeous, but I've seen a variety of hook sizes mentioned. I'm kinda short so it might look like bat wings on me if I use a hook that's too big. :lol

welcome for all of you

this is the spirit

stacy

i`m useing RHSS WW with 6,00 mm hook and it`s really nice

maybe it`s abot J size hook

tam

you really should make one for your self

i`m working and the pattern is super easy and goes really fast

welcome for all of you

this is the spirit

stacy

i`m useing RHSS WW with 6,00 mm hook and it`s really nice

maybe it`s abot J size hook

tam

you really should make one for your self

i`m working and the pattern is super easy and goes really fast

Great, thanks!

Ok, I started it two hours ago as my husband is watching football and am already on row 15! It is super-easy. I'm using Caron SS in Victorian Rose (I believe, anyway- the wrapper was missing.) Using a 5.5 hook.

I've decided it will be a gift for hubby's aunt for Christmas, as she is the only one in the family (aside from my mom) who appreciates the time and thoughtfulness of a hand-made gift. (She knits and we receive something hand-made every year.) I will probably end up making one for dh's mother, as well, just so there are no hurt feelings.

stacy

i love the color ur useing and yup it is super ey

i`ll be making this one for gift and a fushia one for me :hook

i don`t know if i`m gonna make a third one for gift too :think

see you later

Ugh, I am on row 21 and ran out of yarn (was using leftover from another project.) So I will have to make a trip to Michael's today or tomorrow.

I do have a question, though. On row 20, it started to get a little ruffly and I'm wondering if it will even out as I go along? :think When I make doilies I have this problem too, which is why I don't make them anymore!

My whole family came down with a stomach virus on Wednesday, so I've either been in the bathroom or taking care of sick people since then! I have to go out today so I will definitely stop by Jo-Ann's and pick up more yarn! I am dying to finish this one, as I have already decided to make another one, plus a matching purse. :lol

Okie dokie, I am back! And I lied- my yarn is plum wine, not antique rose. it didn't have a wrapper but when I got to Jo-ann's I knew exactly the color. I also bought a pair of those stress-gloves, for longer crochet sessions. :devil

stacy

i hope your familly feels better and welcome back to the club :clap

Jill

welcome in anytime

happy hooker

it`s soooooo much easy and goes so fast

can be done in one day ;)

Hi, hey I love that pattern. I have that pattern in another magazine that I've had forever and I never ever thought about making a shawl from it. What a great idea. I will definitely do this, but it will most likely be in a few weeks. I have to figure out what yarn I'll be using. when Im finished i'll post the pic. All of those shawls look awesome.

Mary

How is everyone doing? I haven't worked on mine in a couple of days but I plan to get back to it this weekend. I want to do at least 2 rows a day until it's finished. It's not going to my husband's aunt anymore, I will probably end up either keeping it or giving it to MIL.

Did you get a photo before passing it off?

I finished mine!! :clap Although I left off the last round of edging because it just looked kind of pokey. LoL I will hopefully get a picture of it tomorrow before I pack it up.

OH this is like, my FAVORITE shawl! I made one for a swap a while back in SS Limelight, and it was very hard to give it away! I think it's my favorite thing I've ever made... Would love to join in, but I have too much on my hook for Christmas. :( I'll definitely check back in to drool over your creations! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Archived