the awsom pineapple fan Shawl (any intrested?)

q8_crochet

hello there

how is it going??

i`m not crocheting much cause i have to study and i have Eid (muslims holiday) and i have to prepare for it :eek

but i have to finish this one this week + making my swap Package :ee

i should keep runing in crocheting :yes

see you all later

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am getting closer to being done. I just had to frogg the beginning of the last set of pineapples because I only made 14 trebles instead of 15. Have almost gone through 2 7oz skeins of my RH WW. I am using a size K hook and I really like the look of it.

Cool! I can't wait to see it.

I am working on the bottoms of my pineapples. Have 2 finished but I think I will run out of yarn by either the last one, or the border. I don't want to buy another skein though because I am really tired of this color! LoL I wish there was a place here that sells the 3-oz skeins. Oh, well.

I am not supposed to be working on it yet. :( I have 3 projects sitting next to my chair in a bin that I am working on for Christmas, plus, one hidden in the basement that is for DH. Well, there are actually 4 sitting next to my chair counting this one!!. DH did not know about it till he walked out into the living room last night while I was working on it. :angry I only work on it at night after he goes to bed. I thought he was asleep!! Oops. I guess he wasen't asleep after all!!!:blush

I hear that! Thankfully this is one of my Christmas projects so it is cool for me to work on it now. But when dh sees me doing something that he *knows* is not for Christmas, he 'casually' asks, "So, who's that for?" :lol He doesn't really care, as long as I finish it and it's not just lying around the living room in a pile.

Just went back and got another skein (ran out on the last pineapple) so I will be finishing this one hopefully tonight. I wish I could figure out what color my other one is so I can finish it, too, but I think I will have to find something else to make for dh's aunt.

I can't get page 8 of this thread opened for some reason.

DH really dosen't care either. He just thinks I get to much going. With work, our DS and my folks I think he thinks I stretch myself a bit much when I have more then a couple of projects going.

I just got done with the first of the last 5 pineapples and I have a question. I really have not read the border very well, but, my end shell is just kinda hanging there. Will it get attached better when I do the border??

I got 3 of the last 5 pineapples done tonight. Think I will go to bed so that I can get stuff that is not crochet done tomorrow!!!!LOL

I also think I have answered my own question from my last post

Have a nice night.

Yes, it will get worked in with the border. On my last one, I only did the first round because the picots were too pokey for my liking.

I really need to get one the ball and finish this one. I still have one more to make but I'm really thinking it will have to use up something from my stash as opposed to buying yet another skein of this color.

mine might be done by the end of this week. Thaks for letting me know that portion will get added in during the border.

That is what I was trying to do with this one. Use something up that is in my stash!!

I have a question and if someone could maybe show me a close up of their work at this point.

I am getting ready to do the border. the first row says, after the beginning couple of shells to..... Ch 3, skip 1 row, shell under 1st bar of next shell. repeat from * 16 more times...... What is this meaning to "shell under 1st bar"? I have never seen that term before and I am a bit confused with it.

I have a question and if someone could maybe show me a close up of their work at this point.

I am getting ready to do the border. the first row says, after the beginning couple of shells to..... Ch 3, skip 1 row, shell under 1st bar of next shell. repeat from * 16 more times...... What is this meaning to "shell under 1st bar"? I have never seen that term before and I am a bit confused with it.

I'm so bad at explaining things, but hopefully I can help. You know how when you turned the work, you had to "ch-3, dc, ch-2, 2 dc" to finish the first shell? Well for the border you would make a shell in the first ch-3. Let me know if that helps. I don't have a finished one, as I sent my first one to a swap partner, but I do have mine finished without the border and could make a little diagram.

That makes perfect sense!!! You did a wonderful job of explaining this. I will try it that way and see what it does.

I noticed as I was putting mine up for the night that I finished my last 2 pineapples with a J hook and I made the rest of it with a K hook. As long as I don't tell anyone no one will know I don't think!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

I'm so bad at explaining things, but hopefully I can help. You know how when you turned the work, you had to "ch-3, dc, ch-2, 2 dc" to finish the first shell? Well for the border you would make a shell in the first ch-3. Let me know if that helps. I don't have a finished one, as I sent my first one to a swap partner, but I do have mine finished without the border and could make a little diagram.

Well. I am almost done. It is sad that she had to take down her patterns.

I don't know that I will be doing the picots around the end as I am not sure I like how they look. So. I just need to finish off, tuck ends, take a picture and find it a home.

I didn't do the picot row to my first one. I tried it out for about a foot then tried on the shawl and it was very pokey. So I just did the first round and left it at that. :hook Ok, now I am really going to finish all of my Christmas stuff!

I am sure that if I were making the doily to go on the back of the chair I would not mind doing the picots. It's settled. No picots on this shawl. Will have to finish off now that I have made that decision and take a pic soon!!!

Archived