the awsom pineapple fan Shawl (any intrested?)

q8_crochet

I know what you mean! The pattern was fun and worked up quickly. I thought the shawl was pretty but not really my style. Then, when I tried it on, I didn't want to give it away! ROFL So I will probably end up making one for myself sometime in the future. Anyway, here is a picture.

Pineapple Fan Shawl

th_shawlpics002.jpg

Matching Fat-bottom bag

th_shawlpics004.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stacy

that is breath catching i love the set :clap what color did you use??

i got my photo loooooong time ago and badlley the photobucket don`t want to upload my photos

it was awsome

my sister wants me to make one for her and hmmmmm i guess i`ll ned one too :yes

it`s soooo lovlly :)

hope everyone is doing gr with the pattern it really didn`t take 6 hours of broken times working

i can finish it in one day but haveing a baby and exems to study for are standing in the way :no

ok i decided to make another one in caron one pound in rose with a matching fbb in RHSS rose (they look so much similar)

stacy you`re my hero i stole ur idea ;)

maybe i`ll start tomorrow because i`m studying today for the exam the one i`m haveing tomorrow wish me luck :)

Oh this is beautiful!

I'm bookmarking this and will hopefully join in when I get some of my holiday gifts completed :)

can someone let me know roughly how much yarn I will need?

I have a 400g skein of a wool/acrylic mix in a lovely heathery purple that I'd like to use if possible

Thanks, everyone!

Mine took almost 2 full skeins (6 oz each.) I started with leftovers from another project but went back for 2 extra...I used all of one and about a third of another. I used Caron SS in plum wine. The bag was actually the project from which I used the leftovers. LoL

I will definitely do another one but not sure when. I am trying to get a bunch of Christmas projects finished up right now, plus my 5 y/o really wants a blue and green rr, so I will probably have to put all of "my" projects on the back burner until the new year.

hello

i`vw received a wonderfull package from my warm and fuzzy yarn swap partner which containes a lot of yarn and it includes 4 skein of RH plush in lt.sage

so i thought of making this shawl with fbb from it :clap

i wish there wont be another shawl that would steal my attention for now :yes

see ya all later :hug

I checked the Caron website and it says 315 yds/6 oz skein. I have no idea of the grams, though. If I could find my label I could tell you. Does your label have a yardage on it?

I used my left over lb of love yarn. its baby blue. I'm almost finished, just have to finish the pineapples individually and put the trimming around it. It's really nice. When it's finished i'll post it. I've seen some other pics of the shawls done and loved it. I found my pattern from an old time crochet magazine dtd 1994. It's a great pattern. Will most likely make more when I have the time.

You're welcome.

Ok I have been working on the Eva's shawl for the past 2 days and it is driving me nuts, so I am going to start another one of these. I think my new go-to shawl for gifts and such is going to be this one. It is just so pretty. I am going to start it in Caron SS in grape, if I can find enough of it lying around. If not then it will be in Caron Wintuk in soft lilac- I know I have enough of that. Or I may just have to run out to Joann's where Caron 1-lb'ers are on sale this week. :devil

you are welcome in here of caurse and i knoww you`ll make ur self another one because it`s so wonderfull

mine gonna be in lt, sage

stacy

i think the option to run to Joann is the best

crocheters can never have too much yarn right ?? :rofl

just to let some of the newer crocheters know.. you can not always go by weight... baby yarn weighs next to nothing so it might take 3 oz for something that takes 4-5 oz of worsted weight...

I understand that, I don't even get the same types as yarn as you over here anyway but a rough estimate is always handy ;)

it is hard for some newcomers to understand... I have gotten WW yarn and had one skein be different from the other one in the same lot... WW comes in different weights now so you have to pay even more attention...

I generally try to go by yardage as opposed to weight. I never use baby-weight, though so I really don't have to worry about that. Thanks for the heads-up, though!

I started my second one two days ago, almost done with the first round of pineapples. I am using Caron SS Eco in Summer Rose. I'd love to run out to Joann's but dh is home for a week and has already complained about the amount of yarn I have.

i`ll hav to make 3 more of this

decided on one color for me , my sister will buy the yarn for her and need to think of a third color :think

i`m really thinking , maybe RHSS in country blue :yes

I was hoping this pineapple shawl was the new one on the Caron site designed for using CSS Eco which is the only pineapple shawl I've really liked so far, oh well!

Archived