the awsom pineapple fan Shawl (any intrested?)

q8_crochet

Arrrgh! I am on the 20th row and ran out of yarn. Went back to Michael's and they do not have my shade, nor does Joann's or Walmart. And of course it didn't have a label on it (I was reusing it as frogged from another project.) so...now do I just hold onto it and hope that I can one day find the color (preferably before Christmas) or do I make one in a different color? I think I'll just put it on hold for now and work on my other christmas gifts so I don't fall behind on them.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yarnluver

can you please link the shawl `s link ur talking about in here please??

stacy

i`m afraid that you don`t have much time till christmas with other projects to work on so i prefer that you will choose another yarn and start it over

what color are you useing now??? :think

yarnluver

can you please link the shawl `s link ur talking about in here please??

With pleasure, here it is: http://www.caron.com/projects/ss_eco/sseco_pineapple_shawl.html

Even though I'd said I would not use CSS Eco :blush after I saw this shawl I changed my mind and last night got the yarn, what I don't know is when I'll be starting. Now, Debbi-a1 who's making one told me there are mistakes in some rows but she said that looking at the pics she was able to make out what she was supposed to do.

Diane

the one in the first post

go get ur yarn and come here to crochet and chat it is way coooool

ok the one i didn`t know which color i`m gonna make it still disturbing me and MIGHT cancel it :yes to do something else

other wise the other 2 i`ll be making (1for me and 1 for my sis :hook)

happy crocheting everyone and wish me an easy exam tomorrow

Welcome, Diane!

Yarnluver- why did you say you would not use SS Eco? Their colors are really pretty.

q8- how was your exam? I am using the same as I did for my first shawl- Caron SS in something rose. I have some in blueberry that would look just awesome with this shawl but the ladies I'm making them for would not like it.

stacy

the proffecor changed the exam dat until next thursday which gives me time for crocheting

sis will kill me if she didn`t get her poncho ext week but i have to make this shawl as soon as possible :yes

mine will take more time to get done :( but i need to finish the others first :clap

in which row you are now ??

I haven't started it yet. I have a pile of Christmas gifts and am trying to do them in the order they need to be finished- my parents first since I have to mail them. I am working on an afghan for my mother right now, hopefully will be finished by Wednesday (just have joining and weaving to do) and then I am giving myself two weeks for each shawl. I also have a bunch of little things to finish as well so I will have to work them in somewhere. I will let you know when I start one again, though.

Btw, what are you studying in school?

Yarnluver- why did you say you would not use SS Eco? Their colors are really pretty.

Well, when I first saw it I noticed the white fuzz on most of it and was turned off by that. Also, W-M didn't have all the colors out yet and since the color card had not been put up at Caron.com that's all I had to go by. Then, when I got my Caron's Connection newsletter featuring the Pinneaple Shawl pattern I got to see all the colors and began having second thoughts. I went to W-M that week but they had even less left, probably the worst colors, so I almost wrote it off completely. I didn't know of any other affordable yarn that would be suitable for this shawl so I thought I'd try Joann's for the regular CSS, however, I couldn't make it there and during my last visit to W-M Friday night I found they had reorganized and restocked the yarn aisle and all (or almost all) the colors were available so I bought 3 of them (Peachey, Natural and Soft Taupe which has the fuzz but actually looks "heathered" as someone else pointed out in a thread about this yarn).

Ah, ok. When I saw them at Wal-mart there was only 3 colors- dark purple, blue, and pink. They all looked very nice but I'm sure if they looked like they had white fuzz all over them I wouldn't want to use them either! LoL

We look forward to seeing you around here after the new year!

I started one with the leftover color I had from my first one, I am on row 25 already but needed a break so I started something for myself. :lol I'm making a purse that I worked on all night while dh played video games. :D It should be finished by tomorrow (after I get a lining) then I will get back to work on my shawl.

You know. I am sure that this question has been asked and answered, but, short on time right now. How much yarn did you end up using for this with the J hook?

welcome for all of you

this is the spirit

stacy

i`m useing RHSS WW with 6,00 mm hook and it`s really nice

maybe it`s abot J size hook

tam

you really should make one for your self

i`m working and the pattern is super easy and goes really fast

diane

2 and half RHSS 7oz skeins :yes

Cool Thank. I found 2 skeins of RHSS Lavender plus some in a different shawl that I started a year ago and don't know where I am so I will frogg it and use the rest for this shawl.

OK.. I could not wait till the first of the year to start. I got to row 20 last night!!!!!!!

I think my challange will be sticking with it and finishing the 5 pineapples on their own.

Yay! Welcome, Diane. I only used 1-1/2 skeins of Caron SS but I think the yardage is much different.

Anyway, glad you decided to join us! Once you get to those individual pineapples, you will just be excited to see it finished. that's what drove me. LoL It is a really interesting and fun pattern just because it progresses quickly.

Can't wait to see your finished product.

Btw...your hubby tucks ends?! :clap Can you send him over this way? LoL Ends are the worst part of a project for me. I need to figure out how to get my hubby to do that.

I doubt that we could get him to come and help you!! The only reason he did it was last year I was way behind on getting our kids stuff done for Christmas. He felt sorry for me cause I was almost in tears one night. He told me to give him a needle and show him what to do and he helped me get ends tucked in on 4 graph ghans for Christmas last year. Back in July he asked me to make an Ohio State afghan (we live in Iowa and are Hawkeye fans!!!LOL) for a friend in Ohio. I told him that if I made the ghan he had to tuck in the ends. He agreed. So far that boys are holding up pretty well I think. The gal in Ohio called crying so it was all worth it!! He does not like me telling folks cause he says it damages him masculanity! (sp)

Archived