Are you suppose to post in more than one

catagory?? Say in Seasonal and Doilies at the same time and the same post??? I did some seasonal doilies and posted them in seasonal, but since they are doilies can/should I post them in Doilies too???:think

I agree with Debbi-a1. I always click on the option to read the new posts before I go into any particular category. I find having the same information in several posts to be a bit irritating. I don't have a lot of time to be on the computer and would rather read a new posting than a duplicate one. :hook

Please select one show-and-tell category for your post. :) Some things may be able to fit in more than one category, so just choose whichever category suits you the most.

Please only post once in one category. Most of us read or see all entries. Frankly it's annoying when I see the same message in two or three categories. Thank you for asking!

Whew, glad I asked, I almost posted in both seasonal and doilies (I had seen others do that) but was like you guys, not sure I want to see a post twice so that is why I asked... sure glad I didn't!!

I know what you mean. When I save patterns I get off the Internet I save them according to what they are and then the name like this: AFGHAN roundripple. The holiday ones throw me. I usually save according to the holiday name such as HALLOWEEN little ghost toy. For posting, I would put the holiday type items under "holiday." Just plugging my 2 cents worth. LOL!

Whew, glad I asked, I almost posted in both seasonal and doilies (I had seen others do that) but was like you guys, not sure I want to see a post twice so that is why I asked... sure glad I didn't!!

Vonnie, even if you had posted in two folders, it wouldn't be that big an issue. If we noticed it, we'd just merge the two threads into one, ask you which folder you wanted the single thread to be in, and remind you about the "no cross-posting" (starting a thread in more than one folder) guideline. It's not like cross-posting puts us at any serious legal risk or anything! :lol

The no cross-posting guideline is really just to help us keep things organized and answers to questions or comments about a project all in one place. Makes it easier when people are searching for things months or years in the future. :)

That makes sense, thanks for clearing it up, I know it is probably in the rules, sorry I haven't read then all, much more fun to look at pictures...

Thanks for all you do keeping this site going, I love it!!

Vonnie, even if you had posted in two folders, it wouldn't be that big an issue. If we noticed it, we'd just merge the two threads into one, ask you which folder you wanted the single thread to be in, and remind you about the "no cross-posting" (starting a thread in more than one folder) guideline. It's not like cross-posting puts us at any serious legal risk or anything! :lol

The no cross-posting guideline is really just to help us keep things organized and answers to questions or comments about a project all in one place. Makes it easier when people are searching for things months or years in the future. :)

Does this also apply to when you make something and make the pattern available to the 'ville: One post only in the Original Patterns folder?

Archived