His and Hers Trick or Treating Bags

eebrs

DS needed a new trick or treating bag this year. I thought it would be fun to have one that matched his costume -a skeleton. And if DS gets a new one, DD must have one too, right? Plus I really wanted to make a Haekelbeutel after seeing all the great ones that people here have made. DD is a little indecisive about her costume (it's hard to get a 2 year old to commit to anything), but I'm pretty sure she'll end up as a princess.

(clickable)

th_DSCF8347.jpg

The patterns are the Haekelbeutel Bag and the Jolly Roger from the SNB book.

I like the skull too but I think I can handle the red/white one. I looked at Inga's pattern but I have a couple questions. What US hook size is she using? She said # 3 but that means nothing to me. I only know alphabetical hook sizes other than the thread ones.

Also, what size are the squares, 5 inches, 6 inches?

I've been at this about a year now so I can't really call myself a beginner but I obviously have a lot more to learn.

thanks

I like the skull too but I think I can handle the red/white one. I looked at Inga's pattern but I have a couple questions. What US hook size is she using? She said # 3 but that means nothing to me. I only know alphabetical hook sizes other than the thread ones.

Also, what size are the squares, 5 inches, 6 inches?

I've been at this about a year now so I can't really call myself a beginner but I obviously have a lot more to learn.

thanks

If you look on your hooks, they usually have a number on them too. My F says 3.75 on it. So, with my F hook, I did 5 rounds on each square. My squares measured 5 1/2 inches across. The bag actually ended up bigger than I wanted. It would be perfect for me, but DD is only 2 1/2 and the bag is almost as big as her.

I hope that answered your questions. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

Archived