Edgery Doo Punch Pad??

HappyOldCro

I had considered getting an edgery doo, as my home made punch hurts my hand, but noticed they refer to a punch pad. What is it? Is it included with the Edgery Doo or sold seperate? How big is it & does it require a lot of space?

Thanks to all who can answer any of these questions...

It's something you make yourself. I use cardboard from the boxes I get at Costco. They have several suggestions included with the Edgery Doo. You can email them - they are very nice and VERY helpful.

I just got my new THREAD edgeryDoo today......... YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I just used the box it came in....it had paper in it, was a square priority box, and I put a cutting board under it on the table so it wouldn't scare my table....finished a baby fleece blanket in about 2 hours...LOVE THIS NEW THREAD ONE....I have all the others but don't use yarn so haven't used them.......but think this one will be used alot... I am going to make me one when I get to home depot and get the right stuff, but this worked today just fine... Order it, you won't be disappointed and I ordered on Sat and got it today Mon... Marleen is a doll.....

I want an edgery doo sooooo bad. It's on my craft list for next year, because the rest of this years funds have to be used for Christmas gifts, lol.

But, I know what everyone will get for Christmas next year from me :D

Wow, and I thought it was something we had to buy. One more thing, how thick should it be? I know I will want to play with it as soon as I get it home, so this way I can have the pad all ready.

Thank you all so much, I am really eager to do this now.

Wow, and I thought it was something we had to buy. One more thing, how thick should it be? I know I will want to play with it as soon as I get it home, so this way I can have the pad all ready.

Thank you all so much, I am really eager to do this now.

When you order your Edgery Doo you will get an email with all the info to make the pad so you will be ready to get to work as soon as it arrives!

Oh I want an EdgeryDoo sooooooooo bad! Maybe I'll get one for Christmas. :ctree Anybody know what the difference is between the original triangular template EdgeryDoo kit ($27.50) and the EdgeryDoo Flannel Kit ($23.50)? One you get a CD with and one you don't but is each one used for different fabrics or something?

Hi Craw. I hope that you don't mind my chiming in. Maybe I can help. The difference between the original EdgeryDoo and the Flannel (cotton, linen etc) EdgeryDoo is the spacing in between the holes and the spacing to the edge. When the original EdgeryDoo (triangular) was designed, it was designed to be used with fleece and yarn. After it had been out for a while, there were many Ladies that wanted to do flannel receiving blankets. Some did them with the original EdgeryDoo but some asked if we could make one with the holes closer together and closer to the edge so that they could crochet with thread or lighter yarn also. So about 2 months ago the one for Flannel was made. I hope that this helps. The original EdgeryDoo has the holes approx. 1/2 inch apart and the newer one for Flannel has the holes approx. 1/4 inch apart. There is a CD that comes with the original one and so far we have not made a CD for the Flannel one however I do send out 5 photos that give you a pictorial and there is an instruction book. We now have Ladies using the Flannel one to make table linens and pillow cases. I didn't mean for this to sound like a sales pitch ... sorry ... I just wanted to tell you the difference.

Love love love Edgerydoo! I have the original and several of the squares, but I think I may need to buy the new one too!!

For my punch pad/board, we bought a sheet of styrofoam insulation board at Home Depot. It's a large sheet about an inch thick. We brought the measurements of my cutting table, and Home Depot cut it to size for me. Then when we got home, I just wrapped it with dollar store plastic wrap and it's done. It will last a LONG time, and if it starts to get too holey, you can just re-do the plastic wrap. :)

Archived