Thrift Store finds :)

I went to a thrift store today, looking for knitting needles and crochet hooks in sizes i don't have, and I ended up with something better.

I told the lady that I do all sorts of needlework and she told me they had some books in the back if i wanted to see. I told her that would be great and she went back and brought out about 8 books and old magazines. I was looking through em, and i loved some of the patterns and she told me i could have some of them! I also bought a Peter Rabbit and friends Crochet Doll Pattern book :D

The ones she gave me are from 1966 and 1975, they have some really nice vintage patterns in them.

I'm so thankful to have gotten these, it's a weird coinsidence because we never really go to thrift stores!

3023wib.jpg

:lol the fashion.. some of it comes b ack here and there.. still remember this awful hotpants that were some black plaid that I had to wear back then.. I hated them things.. I was goofy looking then too. ahahahaahaa no front teeth, glasses and wearing them hotpants ahahahhaahahahaaa

That is so cool. I just have to ask about the Peter Rabit one. I cant see it too wel but can you tell me who put that pattern out? My mother LOVESA peter rabbit and I think if I could find that pattern I would make it for her.

Isn't that so cool to get a find like that! I was going by a house where the people were moving and throwing out a little tykes playset so i stopped to get it and there was a bunch of boxes with bunches of those magazines (not peter rabbit though) they smell like basement but I didn't care!

you are so lucky to get that Peter Rabbit one. I checked on Amazon and it is selling, used copies, anywhere from $135.00 to over $200.00. So you really lucked out there. Congrats!:cheer

Doesn't it just tickle your toes to dig around at garage sales, secondhand shops, etc. and look for treasures? I do a lot of needlepoint and other embroidery, and I have actually found unopened kits from the 1970's! I have a mini-library of crochet, cross-stitch, all sorts of books. My mom and I are total Goodwill nuts, and sometimes we spend hours going through the various thrift shops in our town! Forget the mall! :loco

I just went to our Goodwill Friday and they had all books for 25 cents. So I thought I'd look for some new ones for my 5yo and found 8 crochet books some hard covers too!! for 25 cent I could not believe it and 6 were brand new!!

Archived