I think I will be sick now

I crocheted a blanket for my DSD several years ago. It took me quite a while to make it (small octagon flowers and pigs). I never wove the ends in. I know, it was a bad thing to do but anyway, I am in the mode of getting things ready for the fair so I thought I would enter that afghan. I went in and got it and there are pieces that are coming apart. She apparently took scissors to the ends that weren't woven in. :thair

Whoa!!! I'm so sorry!!!! I guess you know how important weaving the ends in is.... I often wonder if I weave them in enough and what my things look like after they are washed!!! :eek Now, I weave as I go and I have no ends to weave in at the end!!!

Sorry you can't enter you blanket in fair now.. But your daughter must love it anyway!!!! :hug

Yes, you can repair it. :yesI speak from experience. :blush

The first MAM I made was for my mom. I crocheted over about an inch of the ends and thought it would be good enough.:eek

Mom had it on the back of her chair and from laying on it for a few years all the unwoven ends came undone and unraveled. Forturnatly, when I give an afghan I usually give a small ball of all the yarns so if it ever needs repair I can fix it.

It took days but I redid every end that didn't come undone also. Mom was so happy that she could use her ghan again.:yay

It won't be fair entry after the repairs but it'll still be an awesome ghan.:hug

Archived