Redheart is coming out with new yarn?

I read on another website redheart is coming out with a new yarn its a recycled tee shirt and acrylic blend yarn reported to be as soft as a tee shirt. Does anyone know anything about this, and when its suppose to come out?

I read on another website redheart is coming out with a new yarn its a recycled tee shirt and acrylic blend yarn reported to be as soft as a tee shirt. Does anyone know anything about this, and when its suppose to come out?

At the CGOA conference, RedHeart gave a booklet with all their yarns in it. I didn't keep it, but maybe someone who did keep it will look through and see if it's mentioned.

They gave out samples of Lustersheen, RedHeart Designer Sport (100% acryllic ) and RedHeart Soft Yarn (100% Acryllis), so I'd say they didn't announce it at the conference.

If this is it, I have a skein of the candy marl...it's stiff to work with, don't know how it washes since I haven't finished the wash cloth I am knitting with it yet. I love the colors though.

Yep, I'm currently trying to put something together for my daughter with the "Candy Marl" color (which was amazingly available at my AC Moore, and caught my eye). It is a bit stiff at this point, not as stiff as the regular cotton yarn, but I'm hoping that it will soften up once I wash it.

:)

The t-shirt soft one sounds wonderful and I will probably try that one. The Eco-Way that is made out of acrylic and recycled polyester I would have to see first before I bought any.

:manyheart

Are there recommendations for the use of this new yarn? And what washing and drying instructions are there? I have not heard of this new yarn until I saw it here. I do know that the "basic" Red Heart yarn is stiffer than it used to be, so I don't use it as often as I did when I first learned to crochet 8 years ago.

Lydia

It's already on their site. I saw it the other day but didn't realize what it was.

It's machine wash and dry which is a huge plus for me.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Products/KnittingCrochet/Yarns/Medium/Red+Heart+Eco-Cotton+Blend.htm

I will have to find this nearby!

Archived