Manly Sachet Stuffings

So my husband didn't want to wear any of the 8 clean t-shirts in the drawer today b/c none of them smelled fresh and nice. I could throw a sachet in there, but I don't know what to stuff it with. He's not exactly a lavender and rose oil type of guy. Any thoughts?

Go to your local craft store and see what scents they have. I have one called invigorating that isn't girly. I also have a mint and ivy one that isn't girly. That'd be my suggestion. You could make a sachet, stuff it and scent it how you like.

Joyce

They have some pot pouri (sp?) that smells like the forest (pine or something). I love it, but I was kinda raised in the woods though (my dad was a logger and I used to ride with him to get the wood. LOVE IT) so it's kinda in my blood.

Good luck!!

Julee

What about some sort of citrus scent...orange maybe? Not too feminine.

Or put a couple dryer sheets in the drawer in between the shirts, that might keep them "fresh" longer.

1. How about a dryer sheet?

2. Spray/roll his deodorant onto a sheet of paper and place it with them

3. Grate some of his favorite bath soap and use that for a sachet.

I love the soap idea! I'll start grating up irish spring later today i think.

Word of caution: where do you live?? Do you have roaches in your part of the world?

Where we live it's very humid and roaches are never far away. I don't even use bar soap in the bathroom anymore, because it's mostly starch and they eat it. I may be the world's biggest roach-preventer, but there's no way to prevent them all down here. I grew up in the north, and didn't even see a roach until I moved here at about age 12. They grow 'em big in TX, and my first experience was with a bug about 2 inches that flew out of a drawer at me. I may never get over that!

I'd spray some cotton balls with his favorite cologne and skip the soap idea, if it were me.

I'm in N central Florida and they grow em pretty big over here too. I haven't had any problems with them eating the soap.

I just leave it in the paper and poke a couple holes in it. I don't want it melting on my clothes.

........Where we live it's very humid and roaches are never far away. I don't even use bar soap in the bathroom anymore, because it's mostly starch and they eat it. I .....

:lol I thought I lived in roach heaven in one of my apartments, but at least I could use soap!

I'd spray some cotton balls with his favorite cologne and skip the soap idea, if it were me.

I was going to suggest spraying a handkerchief with his favorite cologne.

Here's an easy one: (as she says with tongue in cheek)

Grab all the t-shirts, take him by his hand, lead him to where the laundry soap, washing machine and clothes pins are and hand him everything!

Why do some men act so helpless when it comes to housework? :D

Archived