A Doily Canopy?

MissRach

Somebody posted this link a few days ago, and then I blogged about it. I have long loved the symbolism behind the Jewish wedding chuppah, so I thought maybe a doily canopy that can later be a canopy over the bed would be awesome. What do ya'll think? Has anyone ever done something like this? I think I would probably start a stash of doilies now, even though there isn't even a boyfriend in sight! :lol

I would love to hear your thoughts on this! :hook

:rose MissRach

Oh, I would def be blogging this!

And I think I will. A doily or two a month is a reasonable goal, I think, and, since I have no intention of marrying until I graduate from college, that would be 48 doilies right there! :lol I tend to think that I will wait until I have all the doilies to put them together, though. And of course, all WHITE! :D

:hug:roseMissRach

I think this is a great idea! And it would probably be better to start while you don't have a boyfriend anyway cause when you meet "the one" you might not have as much time to crochet! Tee hee!!! :manyheart

I remember seeing that and thinking what a beautiful project. I don't think I could do all those in white however. I get so bored doing all white things.

I think you should go for it.

Marcia

I don't think you'd have to do it in all white if you didn't want to. It would be your canopy. Actually in a variety of colors might be nice. This is kind of a free form type project, but not too much.

Debbi

I think that would be really cool. I would consider making a canopy for my bed in different colors, although it would take quite a while. I wouldn't make one for my wedding since that is in a year and I don't think I'd get it done in time. Also, I don't think I'll have an outdoor wedding and it might look a little funny inside. But yeah this is a really nice idea.

• 2 months later...

Archived