new trick for your hook

Hello, I used to love to do thread crochet but my hands would not allow me to... one of the girls on the 'ville came up with a brilliant idea and it works.... she saw a picture for an adaptation that was for sale for quite a bit of money but it gave her an idea... take the ink part out of a fat pen and put the crochet hook out through the hole... I tried it and it worked... I made 2 bookmarks tonight and my hands didn't hurt at all... I love it I'll be able to do thread crochet again...

Hello, I used to love to do thread crochet but my hands would not allow me to... one of the girls on the 'ville came up with a brilliant idea and it works.... she saw a picture for an adaptation that was for sale for quite a bit of money but it gave her an idea... take the ink part out of a fat pen and put the crochet hook out through the hole... I tried it and it worked... I made 2 bookmarks tonight and my hands didn't hurt at all... I love it I'll be able to do thread crochet again...

I did that a few years ago but with a rubber pen I found in Michaels, it was a pen with squiggle eyes and I took the ink cartridge out and cut it in half and it gives my hand great support. As a matter of fact I can't crochet without it. The plastic one doesn't seem like it has a big enough opening at the point end to let a hook go through it how does that work?

I saw on here too where someone brilliant had taken a lump of that polymer clay and put it around the handle of her hook. Then she held her hook a little firmly to put the indents of her fingers exactly as she holds her hook and then set the clay. I think she said she had carpal tunnel. Anyway, the picture showed a much larger, more comfortable looking hook. I thought that was really smart and resourceful!

The pen idea is also brilliant! I just love ideas I get around here! :manyheart

:hook Colleen

The pen I used was about as big around as a dime.. all I did was take out the ink part and my hook fit in great... the smaller hook sticks out a little farther but still worked... I love it 'cause I can do thread again...

What great ideas! I love this board for these sharing ideas.

I've also heard that someone used those pencil holders for kids (can't think what' they're called, but they're usually soft, maybe foam and go over a pencil to help kids hold them), but they're not too long or wide, but are doable.

• 5 weeks later...

Such great tips here!

Also, I bought some foam type grippers at JoAnn's that fit over the small steel hooks. The grips are not very large but they do help some. They are purple and called Comfort Grip by Kahoot. They are on sale now online at JoAnn's.com:

Grippers Link

I just haven't found any foam small enough to use on my thread needles.

I was attaching plastic pen too by heating the end .When I heat the plastic pen it sticks on the steel hook. I tried polymer clay around steel hook by baking in the owen. All of them are working.

Finally I found clover soft touch steel hook. It is very comfortable. THe only thing is, the hook is little short

Demet

I was attaching plastic pen too by heating the end .When I heat the plastic pen it sticks on the steel hook. I tried polymer clay around steel hook by baking in the owen. All of them are working.

Finally I found clover soft touch steel hook. It is very comfortable. THe only thing is, the hook is little short

Demet

I am curious to try the pen idea I have some clay ones I just baked I put a clear coat on them and they are drying I shaped those to my grip.

Can't wait to try them.

I do like the squishy pens though and hmmmmmmmm I will have to experiment:D

Archived