My Fair Results UPDATED 8 15 08

Well, I haven't been around this week. Been out trucking with hubby on a couple of overnight runs.

Monday we went and picked up my Fair Entries and was very surprised to find out I won even more than I thought.

I really thought I hit the jackpot getting 10 Blue Ribbons out of the 10 entries, but to top it off I also won a Rosette for Most Points and recieved a check for $15.50. I get to go get some more yarn and thread this weekend, Wooo Hooo

This is my first opportunity to check in and let you all know. I was shaking like a leaf in a wind storm. Hubby was laughing since I ended up in tears when we left. I was just floored.

There was several wonderful messages left by the judges. What a great 1st yr. Boy do I have to really work for next yr.

I don't know who was more excited, my daughter or me. Before we all went and looked at anything else at the Fair she insisted we go look for my entries.

I entered 10 items and the results were 10 Blue Ribbons. My husband did ask one of the volunteers about the other Ribbons "Judges Choice" Best of Show, Etc" as we noticed they were all on Quilted items and the last few yrs of going to the Fair and paying attention it was the same thing. Never have seen anything crocheted, knitted, crewel, needlpoint, etc take any of the other awards. The volunteers couldn't even explain it. Heck they were even dumbfounded by the fact that a certain quilt took one of the awards yet a very detailed Under The Ocean Theme which was awesome only got a Blue Ribbon.

I am just excited to have recieved so many Blue Ribbons. I sure didn't expect all 10.

Doilies (the Stargazer is Katchkan's----Kathy's design)

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p70/Navymomx2_2006/Fair%20Items/P1050475.jpg

Afghans (RR) Hard to see the Ribbon on the Blue RR

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p70/Navymomx2_2006/Fair%20Items/P1050478.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p70/Navymomx2_2006/Fair%20Items/P1050479.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p70/Navymomx2_2006/Fair%20Items/P1050480.jpg

Black & White Cat Afghan

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p70/Navymomx2_2006/Fair%20Items/P1050488.jpg

Baby Dolls

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p70/Navymomx2_2006/Fair%20Items/P1050481.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p70/Navymomx2_2006/Fair%20Items/P1050482.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p70/Navymomx2_2006/Fair%20Items/P1050483.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p70/Navymomx2_2006/Fair%20Items/P1050484.jpg

Thanks for all the well wishes earlier. I am already working on next yrs items. I am really wanting to get a table cloth or bedspread done.

Yeah congratulations! I am entering two items in the fair which starts on Wednesday - a doily and a full sized afghan. These are the only two things that I have finished at the moment. Hope you do as well next year!

Fantastic!! :clap Congratulations!! :cheer Doesn't it feel great?!?! :manyheart

I won this week too and it makes me happy. It's just so nice to see where one's work rates agaist so many other talented artists. I guess we see that you rate very well!!! :D

Keep up the great work! Now get started on next year!

:hookColleen

:yay Congrats to YOU! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cat afghan...then again I'm really partial to kitties :lol You really did a great job on all of your entries...I'd say those ribbons are definitely well-deserved! :hug

Congratulations on all the ribbons! Everything is beautiful and you deserved them! As for the other quilts getting the specials.....I just think sometimes people don't realize the time and creativity that goes into crochet. It's just as much as quilting...I do both. I am not a fancy quilter, but crochet takes more time. Especiallyif someone has a quilting machine to stitch the design over the finished quilt. I don't. And I don't hand quilt either. I just do the way my grandma did and tie knotted strings in the corner of the squares with crochet thread. I only make them for my friends and family so they dont' need to be fancy. But when I taught myself to sew a few years ago, I realized how much faster sewing was than crochet. I can cut , sew and finish a twin quilt in a couple of days. To crochet the same would take so much more time. And effort. :hug:hug:hug

Congratulations on a job well done!!!

This year will be a first for entering anything in the fair for me, deadline for entries is tomorrow but the fair won't open until the first week of Sept.

Yvette

CONGRATULATIONS on all those ribbons!! Can't wait to see what you decide to make for next year.

Thanks. I have already started the Rose Bower Bedspread Pattern so hopefully that will be one of next yrs entries.

I found out from my mother that this particular pattern was made by my grandmother many yrs ago but she did it as a tablecloth for my Aunt since my Aunt had graduated in 1955.

There's a lot of motifs to do so it will be a good yr long project.

Yeah congratulations! I am entering two items in the fair which starts on Wednesday - a doily and a full sized afghan. These are the only two things that I have finished at the moment. Hope you do as well next year!

Thanks. I wish you the best of luck on your entries.

Fantastic!! :clap Congratulations!! :cheer Doesn't it feel great?!?! :manyheart

I won this week too and it makes me happy. It's just so nice to see where one's work rates agaist so many other talented artists. I guess we see that you rate very well!!! :D

Keep up the great work! Now get started on next year!

:hookColleen

Thanks, yes it does feel good. It felt really good when I talked with my mom and it brought back good memories for them of when my grandmother entered Fairs with her Crochet and won, Ribbons, Cash & Trophies.

I thought maybe I would be lucky to get 1 Blue Ribbon, of course we are our own worst critics since we see or know where the goofs might be, LOL.

Congrat's on your win's also!!!!!:yay:cheer:clap

:yay Congrats to YOU! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cat afghan...then again I'm really partial to kitties :lol You really did a great job on all of your entries...I'd say those ribbons are definitely well-deserved! :hug

Thanks

I now have the fun of deciding who is getting what for Christmas. My parent's and my youngest son are all Cat people so it would make a great gift for either one.

I love cat's too, have 3 of them now, 2 are actually our's and the 3rd belongs to the daughter and her family but they couldn't keep her at the apt so we adopted her for them that way the grandbabies can come visit thier kitty.

Congratulations on all the ribbons! Everything is beautiful and you deserved them! As for the other quilts getting the specials.....I just think sometimes people don't realize the time and creativity that goes into crochet. It's just as much as quilting...I do both. I am not a fancy quilter, but crochet takes more time. Especiallyif someone has a quilting machine to stitch the design over the finished quilt. I don't. And I don't hand quilt either. I just do the way my grandma did and tie knotted strings in the corner of the squares with crochet thread. I only make them for my friends and family so they dont' need to be fancy. But when I taught myself to sew a few years ago, I realized how much faster sewing was than crochet. I can cut , sew and finish a twin quilt in a couple of days. To crochet the same would take so much more time. And effort. :hug:hug:hug

Thanks.

That's what one of the volunteers said when hubby was talking with them. No one knew wo the Judges were for sure but it was obvious that they didn't know how much time it took to create the one Quilt vs the other. Some do go faster than others. I thought I had a pic of theo ne everyone thought should have gotten one of the Higher Awards.

Who knows what goes through the judges heads. I remember my great grandmother doing some quilting. Of course her's was all done by hand. I was always amazed anyone could have that kind of patience.

I have my dad's baby quilt she made. It's well loved.

Copngratulations - that is just wonderful to get ribbons for every entry. :cheer

Thanks Sheryl

I was shocked, especially since the small doily with the butterfly was an unfinished doily. Well sort of unfinished. I didn't make it as big as it should have been I stopped early on it and then just topped it off with the butterfly.

I figured if anything I would get maybe and mostly Red's & White's. Imagine my shock as my family kept searching and coming over to me that I had more Blue Ribbons. I abt fell over when ALL 10 were Blue's, LOL

Congrats your items were amazing. I have to admit that I fell in love with your pink RR.

Thanks

It's one of my favorites that I have done also. That afghan traveled from the West Coast to the East Coast and back. I lovei t but am so sad when I look at it. It's suppose to have been given to my newest granddaughter when she was getting to move here last month. It's a long story. Apparently her mom has changed her mind abt moving. I made it so my son could give it to his first daughter, now it will be put away as a keepsake so if he ever get's to see her he can give it to her then. Like I said, it's a long story. Momma and the girls were going to move from another Country to the US but no one knows what is going on now. So sad.

Archived