Wacky Fair Results.

This year, I only entered 7 things in the McHenry County Fair. In the past, I have done as many as 10.

One blanket didn't place at all. That's ok. But the rest of the results are kind of funny. I have a ribbon in every prize level.

1st place-Cotton Potholder

2nd Place-Baby Hoodie

3rd place-Ornament

4th place-Baby Dress

5th place-Pink and black round ripple(baby size)

6th place-Red, white and blue Round ripple (full size)

My son was the first to realize how I did. So I'll go home with a bunch of ribbons and $9!

When I get my stuff back, I will have DD put a few pictures on here to show you guys what I made. I just love the fair.

:manyheart

Congratulations! And $9 will go nicely towards more yarn! :lol

:hook Colleen

What a great idea!

Congrat's on your winnings. Definately a little yarn cash.

We don't get cash unless it's for quilting or Crewel in the Needleworks Class. Only Ribbons are awarded for the other Crafts.

Which method of judging did they use the American or the Danish? It sounds to me like the Danish Judging method. I think that is how they will be doing ours.

Congrat's again. I find out mind tomorrow.

CONGRATULATIONS! It is Always nice toget praise for our hard work! But Like Jenny Bunny, I too though it was weird that the smaller things like the potholder or the ornament came in before the RRs............But i is still great to win prizes....enjoy your CASH!;)

Congratulations! :clap Coming home with anything has to be so exciting and you certainly cleaned up. We don't have country fairs in the state I live in. :( I think it would be so much fun to meet other crocheters and see how well your skills compare. Can't wait to see your pics!!

Patty

I was talking with one of the ladies who helps out in the building during the fair.

I heard some things about the judge and I will certainly try to do some things his way. I heard that he likes natural fibers and that gets a bigger score than acrylic. No one has made any straight edge trim or hankerchief trim, so that's a couple catagories that I will look into. He also likes more challenging patterns, so I have to look for things with color changes, popcorns, and other things. I want all blue ribbons next year!

I'll probably make an afghan or two out of superwash wool. I'm not quite crazy about wool, but I will give it a try. Maybe a nice cotton baby blanket would be great too.

The fair is not even over, and I'm thinking about next year. I know I want to make a thread Christening gown, hat and booties for next year.

Oh, the things I can make!:)

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats, I just knew you'd be taking home ribbons. I imagine your premium money will go for more yarn, and I can see the hook turning in your head figuring what you will enter next year.

Yes, already planning on what to make for next year. I have a long, cold winter in which to crochet to my heart's content. And maybe I will only make a couple of afghans and do a lot of smaller projects. One item mentioned was that no one made mittens. That's something to try. I'll find a nice, warm wool and try some of those this year.

Archived