UPDATED WITH PATTERN: Cow Bookmark

I made this for a RAK in a swap for another group:

RAKtoLily.jpg

Thanks for looking :hug

#10 thread: white, black, pink

size 7 steel crochet hook

Face (make 2):

With white, ch 4.

Rnd 1: 12 dc in 4th ch from hook. Join with sl st in 1st dc. Ch3, do not turn. (12dc)

Rnd 2: 2dc in each st around. Join with sl st in 1st dc. End off, weave in ends. (24dc)

Add ears to 1 white circle:

Row 1: Join with black in any st in white circle with sc. sc in next 3 sts. ch1, turn.

Row 2: sc across.

Row 3: sc2tog twice. End off, weave in ends.

For 2nd ear, Repeat Rows 1-3 in 7th st from the end of row 1 of the 1st ear.

Nose:

With pink, ch 7. dc in 4th ch from hook. 2 more dc in same ch. 1dc in next 2 chs. 6 dc in next ch. Working along opposite side of starting ch, 1dc in each of next 2 chs. 3 dc in next ch. Join with sl st in first dc. Weave in ends.

Black spot:

With black thread, ch 2. 6sc in 2nd ch from hook. Do not join. 2sc in next 2 sts. Join with sl st in next st. End off, weave in ends.

Sew on nose to white circle as shown in picture, weaving in and out around edge of sts. Tie thread in a knot and weave in ends. Sew on black spot the same way with black thread. Sew features as shown in picture. Sew 2nd white circle with white thread with wrong sides together by weaving in and out around edge of circle only, avoiding ears. Tie thread in a knot and weave in ends.

This was written in a little bit of a hurry. The bookmark part is just a long ch. with 4dc in the 4th from last ch. I was not 100% pleased with that part, but I really think a little bell would look really cute there (what the little yellow thing is SUPPOSED to look like! LOL) Please tell me if there are any problems with the pattern or if you have any questions. Thanks! :manyheart

Thank you for providing a pattern for it! I'm putting it on my to do list for DH.... Ssshhh

it will be a bday present so will need to be done by 9/6. but don't tell him okay? hehe

• 4 weeks later...

Archived