Best Ever Booties

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.K. here's my first try at the booties. I've only got one done so far and yes I had a small error but decided to keep going since this is only my practice set. Still need to weave the ends...

post-37433-135897526371_thumb.jpg

post-37433-135897526376_thumb.jpg

No its not a free pattern online its my pattern that i wrote.

I sure would like to see your pattern. This is practically identical to what I have been making for about 20 years.

Pepsi

This was given to me years ago by an older lady and I have made tons of these blankets. The picture that was shown looks like the same pattern. I have no pictures of the ones I have made and given away. Here is the pattern. Mine does not have an edging, but friends I have shared this with have come up with their own edging.

BABY AFGHAN

Use an E hook and baby weight yarn

Chain about 300.

Row 1: Double crochet in 3rd chain from hook. *Work 3 more double crochets in next 3 chains. Skip 3 chains. Slip stitch in next chain, chain 3, dc in next 3 chains. Repeat from * to end. Chain 1, turn.

Row 2: Slip stitch back to chain loop space. *Slip stitch in chain 3 loop, chain 3, work 3 double crochets in chain space. Repeat from *, chain 1, turn.

Repeat Row 2 for pattern.

You should have 40 sets of shells across. There will be 40 sets of shells on each row.

Baby afghans vary in size. Some are 32x40 inches, some 35x47 inches, some 33x42 inches. Use whatever size you want to. You may not want it as wide as 40 sets of shells. Make it the size you want to, but remember, the length is always greater than the width. If you use bigger yarn, you will need to adjust the number of shells across.

This will take approximately 8 skeins of Jamie yarn. (I don’t think they make Jamie anymore.) Each skein of Jamie has 1.75 oz. This will give you an idea of about how much yarn you will need. That’s the amount I use for the 40 sets of shells across and 42 or 43 sets for the length.

• 2 weeks later...

These ARE the best ever bootie with easy directions to boot!! I made a few pair a these when I first found this pattern. When I went to make more, horror, I lost the pattern. Grrrrrrr By shear luck I found your pattern again and saved it on not one but two different computers. Hopefully it's finally safe. What I like most about them are they are pretty, fast to make, easy to add to (like a ruffle on top or scallop along the sole) and the directions are no fail. THANK YOU for sharing. :cheer

O.K. here's my first try at the booties. I've only got one done so far and yes I had a small error but decided to keep going since this is only my practice set. Still need to weave the ends...

Beautiful!!! What kind of yarn did you use? It is so pretty, I love the color. The blanket is beautiful, too. :clap:clap:clap

I'm really going to have to try this pattern, have a new grandbaby on the way!

thank you so much for this bootie pattern it has gone into my proven

book

the only change i made was to the ties and that was to crochet 35

slst into the center back st of the eyelet rnd then 3crochet 35 more

sts this way the tie does not get lost

roxie in oh

thank you so much for this bootie pattern it has gone into my proven

book

the only change i made was to the ties and that was to crochet 35

slst into the center back st of the eyelet rnd then 3crochet 35 more

sts this way the tie does not get lost

roxie in oh

Good Idea!

thank you very much. It's so hard to find a good bootie pattern. My daughter-in-law's sister is expecting in January so I'll be quilting and crocheting.

God bless, Lady Dee

Oh my, thank you so much for this pattern.

I make a lot of baby items for charity, and it's always hit and miss as to whether the patterns work for my way of crocheting. These are absolutely the greatest for the variety of thin yarns I have here. Patterns that come out right and look good for fingering size yarns have been difficult for me to find. But these are the greatest!!!

And roxie in oh, thank you VERY much for the idea about how to do the ties so they don't get lost. I never thought of that before, but your idea will now be used on all the baby things with crocheted ties that I make for charity. :) :)

You are welcome. I am so happy that many are enjoying this pattern.

I have done the ties like that for years, but thought I was strange or something. I didn't know if other would understand what I meant about joining the tie in the back and then making the second one. thanks for my sanity!

• 2 weeks later...
would love to see a picture of your perfect pattern, do you have one posted somewhere?

Brenda, hope you don't mind me jumping in here....

Sandycrochet, our dear Brenda is blind, but some how she has a talent for creating beautiful patterns! She depends on us Ville members to post pics for her. If you will browse thru this thread, & show & tell, you will find several pics.

I don't mind at all. I try to post that I am blind, but it is hard for many to understand that when they love my patterns so much. It is great to be loved and appreciated so much that you don't see my blindness. thanks for being my friends

I just made these booties last nite...they truly are an easy pattern, and the results are really wonderful. Brenda, I hope to post a photo....and thankyou for your generosity !!!!!

ok...made some, and they are very easy, and look like they will not be "kicked off".

I possted my photo under baby things...thanks again Brenda !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This is the best pattern I have ever found for baby booties. I have been crocheting for years and have made many booties and this is by far the easiest and the best pattern I have ever used. Thank you for creating such a great pattern.

• 7 months later...

Wow, just read through all the posts on this thread and I have got to try these booties out! As a rule I avoid things that you have to make in twos as I get bored quickly lol! Well done Brenda for creating such a popular and easy pattern, you are so generous sharing with us all, thanks.

Archived