Needing a afghan patterns for my crazy ball, and a washcloth pattern

I'm looking for a simple wash cloth pattern, first of all, since my therapist has told me to carry something to do with my hands at all times. (Stress relief... I have an anxiety disorder.) Something simple, that looks hard, please? I kinda like making things that my (evil) cousin is forced to admire... ;)

Plus my crazy ball is getting kinda big, and if i add all the OTHER crazy balls I have stashed everywhere, I think I have enough for a baby blanket, or even a full sized afghan. I need something that's made to be done in one color, but simple enough that the constant random color changes won't be ugly.

I plan to give the crazy ball project to a friend. I'm not sure if she's going to keep it or put it ina church auction, acording to her, it depends on whether it "Begs to stay with her" :lol

Thanks in advance. I hope this is the right place to put this.

I think a crazy ball is a ball of yarn made up by tying together short pieces of yarn. (please correct me if I'm wrong on what you meant, Kimblee) I've also heard it called "Magic Ball". I've got one that I love adding scraps to, and can't wait until it's big enough to make something from it.

I've never made washcloths, but if you use variagrated cotton and work around both sides of the chain in sc (or your favorite small stitch), you can make some nice looking potholders.

A simple washcloth can be any stitch you choose. I'm currently addicted to the blue washcloth pattern from '10-20-30 minutes to crochet'(name ending could be off, friend is using it to relearn crochet). But it is just sc and hdc and I'm now using it for a blanket for my girls.

I think a crazy ball is a ball of yarn made up by tying together short pieces of yarn. (please correct me if I'm wrong on what you meant, Kimblee) I've also heard it called "Magic Ball". I've got one that I love adding scraps to, and can't wait until it's big enough to make something from it.

I've never made washcloths, but if you use variagrated cotton and work around both sides of the chain in sc (or your favorite small stitch), you can make some nice looking potholders.

Yep.

That's a crazy ball. Or magic ball.... or, as my mother calls it "What the heck is THAT!?"

For your washcloth: Using single crochet, alternate working in the back loop only, then the front loop only. It looks very intricate and will impress everyone. It also helps me keep the edges even.

Ive been making lots of baby washcloths lately out of sugar n cream and looked forever for a stitch I liked that came out soft enough for a baby - I finally went with a very simple sc dc repeat and I LOVE how they come out -

here's a finished set for my cousins baby shower this weekend

th_WashclothsGreen.jpg

and this is a set i'm doing for another baby - trying to finish as we speak! :D

th_B033.jpg

th_B034.jpg

one was with flash - shows the colors better

one was without flash - shows the stitch better

Does the crazy ball have all same type of yarns? I just keep all mine separate in same color and same kind of yarn. lol never thought about this idea to make something in a sorta "verigated" color stuff!

I have some with yarn i pulled out my 1st afghan try with.(i gave up cause my squares weren't the same size).. but i don't know what i would make. Bright red, Bright orange, bright yellow, green and blue, and a verigated that matches...

Does the crazy ball have all same type of yarns? I just keep all mine separate in same color and same kind of yarn. lol never thought about this idea to make something in a sorta "verigated" color stuff!

I have some with yarn i pulled out my 1st afghan try with.(i gave up cause my squares weren't the same size).. but i don't know what i would make. Bright red, Bright orange, bright yellow, green and blue, and a verigated that matches...

It's pretty much just redheart and some redheart wannabe yarn (Its an old brand, but almost exactly the same, other than the label)

I have a crazy ball at home that is red heart and simply soft. (Plus the "Maniac" ball, which is everything from a chunk of rug yarn, to fun fur, to redheart. heehee... but that one is earmarked for a blankie for my mother, who wants to see it worked up.... its about the size of a basketball...)

Simple as in Granny squares or simple as in you just wanna do a special stitch?

Donna

New stitches are best... I like things that are difficult to lose, and after I finish a squares afghan, i always find about six or seven squares I lost under the couch... :lol

On the other hand, i suppose I could box 'em up to a charity or something.

I've heard about the magic ball. There is a book called, "Projects from your Scrap Bag" by Leisure Arts. It tells you to tie ends together. But, how do you make sure the ends dont loosen or open? When I have a few in an afghan, I worry. But so many knots in ONE skein? Not sure how that works.

Anyone try using a magic ball.

Thanks,

Debbie

uwcheese

I love the magic (or crazy) ball idea. I have three balls inprogress: one reds/pinks, one tans/browns/yellow/neutrals, and one 'any color'. :P I also have a baby yarn one started, somewhere, and one with just dishcloth cotton.... :yes

Here is a granny afghan someone made out of a magic yarn ball. A panta (a wide headband) A magic ball bag (Still looking, so hold on....) And here are some hotpads someone made using the magic ball idea. :P I know there is only one afghan in there, but maybe to give you some more ideas? If you go up to the toolbar (?) on the top of the Crochetville page, and click on search. Then type in 'magic ball', you might get lots more ideas. HTH :hook

Tina

Heehee

Actually, i am making a purse out of my crazy ball right now... I wanted to make my stepmom a cool "Welcome Home" gift.

Now dad wants a cellphone holder, so the afghan might take longer than expected... lol

Archived