Support/Awareness Ribbons

MimiFL

I designed this ribbon because I was looking for one that you don’t have to glue in the center to hold it together. The way this one works is, one ‘leg’ has a gap halfway up, and you pass the other leg through it when you’re done, so everything holds together without the help of any props! :)

It’s worked in #10 thread with a #7 hook, and done in very short rows. It comes out to about 2 in. high by 3/4 in. wide. I make these in cancer awareness colors, plus red for aids and yellow for the troops (at least until I get some more colors).

blue_aw_ribbon.jpg

Special notes: The ch 2 at the beginning of each row doesn’t count as a stitch, just as a turning chain – this avoids having a hole at the beginning of each row. When you do your 3 dc, just ignore the turning chain.

Ch 4

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, and in next 2 ch [3 sc]

Row 2: Ch 2, dc in each of 3 sc [3 dc]

Rows 3-4: Ch 2, dc in ea. Dc [3 dc]

Row 5 (pass-through row): Ch 2, dc in first dc, ch 1, sk 1 dc, dc in last dc [2 dc + 1 gap]

Row 6: Ch 2, dc in first dc, dc in ch-1 sp, dc in last dc [3 dc]

Rows 7-20: Ch 2, dc in ea. dc [3 dc]

Finish off. Weave in all ends. Pass leg without gap into the one with the gap. Twist as needed so it looks like a regular ribbon. Block. Starch if desired. :pink

• 3 months later...

I'm going to try that pattern next maybe I'll make a ribbon in red to remind people not to drink and drive though does anyone know the color for that I would make one for myself.

Yay, this is great! I work at a domestic violence shelter. I'm going to to make purple "ribbons" of my co-workers for Christmas! I think I might make some extra to fundraise for the shelter too, if that is ok. Thanks so much for posting:cheer

Archived