Turtle Wrist Purse and Tiny Baby Turtle Necklace (updated with pics)

champygirl

I finally updated it with real pics. :D

Turtle Wrist Purse and Tiny Baby Turtle Necklace

post-11825-135897400421_thumb.jpg

Another Pic:Here
Copyright to champygirl July 10, 2008
Check out the Variation to make turtle stuffies: here

Materials:

Worsted Weight Yarn in yellow, yellow green, white and variegated yarn.
(I used Red Heart Supersaver yarn in Bright Yellow, Spring Green, White and Sherbet Print.)
Size E hook
Yarn needle
Small amount of Polyfil (for the head on the wrist bag)
Permanent Black Marker

Finish Size: Wrist Bag-2½”h x 2¼”w
post-11825-135897400424_thumb.jpg

Different Stitches:

Dc Popcorn stitch: 5 dc in next st, take hook out of loop, stick hook into loops of 1st dc, then stick hook in loop from before, pull up loop thru loops of 1st dc and ch1. Diagram: Here

Sc Popcorn stitch: 5 sc in next st, take hook out of loop, stick hook into loops of 1st sc (in 5 sc group), then stick hook in loop from before, pull up loop thru loops of 1st sc and ch1.

Picot: Ch2, sc in 2nd chain from hook.

Notes:

When doing my sc decreases, sometimes I do them in the front loops only. It helps minimize the hole sometimes left when decreasing.

Sometimes when I’m working in back loops only, I like to go in both back loops. Diagram: Here

Directions for Turtle Wrist Purse

Body:

Rnd 1: With Green yarn Ch2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook. Join with a sl st to first sc. (6sc)
Rnd 2: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, [2 sc in next st] Do this 5 times. Join with a sl st to first sc. (12sc)
Rnd 3: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in next st, [2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st] Do this 5 times. Join with sl st to first sc. (18sc)
Rnd 4: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, [1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st] Do this 5 times. Join with sl st to first sc. (24sc)
Rnd 5: Ch1, sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, Dc Popcorn st in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, Dc Popcorn st in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts, Dc Popcorn st in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, Dc Popcorn st in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts. Join with sl st to first sc. (4 Dc Popcorn sts, 20sc) (24sts total)
Rnd 6: Ch4, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, sl st in each of the next 2 chains. (This will be the tail.) Sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 23 sts. Join with sl st to first sc. (Make sure the tail is pointing out when joining) (24sc)
Rnd 7: Ch1, sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 23 sts. Join with sl st to first sc. (24sc)
Finish off and weave in ends.

Head:

Rnd 1: With Green yarn Ch2, 9 sc in 2nd chain form hook (crocheting over tail) Join with sl st to first sc. Pull tail to close hole. (9sc)
Rnd 2: Ch1, sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 8 sts. Join with sl st to first sc. (9sc)
Rnd 3: Repeat Rnd 2 (of Head) (9sc)
Rnd 4: Ch1, sc in same st as joining, sc decrease next 2 sts together, [1 sc in next st, sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this twice. Join with sl st to first sc. (6sc)
Rnd 5: Ch1, sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts. Join with sl st to first sc. (6sc)
Finish off leaving a long tail for sewing.

Stuff head some. With tail sew head to the front of the body. This will be in between the two legs (Dc Popcorns sts) with 6 sc in between. (opposite side of tail). Finish off and weave in ends.

Shell:

Rnd 1: Join Yellow Yarn with a sc to any st of Rnd 7 of body. 1 sc in each of the next 23 sts. Join with sl st to first sc. (24sc)
Rnd 2: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining back loop only. 1 sc in each of the next 23 sts backloops only this Rnd. Join with sl st to first sc. (25sc)
Rnd 3: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the remaining sts. Join with sl st to first sc. (26sc)
Rnds 4&5: Repeat Rnd 3 of shell for Rnds 4&5. (27sc for Rnd 4) (28sc for Rnd5)
Rnd 6: Ch2, hdc in next st, ch1, skip next st, [1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, ch1, skip next st] Do this 8 times, hdc in next st. Join with sl st to first hdc. (18hdc+ch2, 9 ch1 spaces)

Trimming:
Join White yarn with a sc to any front loop of Rnd 1, 5 hdc in next loop, [1 sc in next loop, 5hdc in next loop] Do this 11 times. Join with sl st to first sc. (12 groups of 5hdc, 12 sc)

Strap:
With Variegated yarn Ch70, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, sl st in each of the remaining chains. Weave yarn in and out of ch1 spaces of Rnd 6 of shell. Join strap ends together with a sl st.

With Black marker, draw little dots for eyes.

Directions for Tiny Baby Turtle Necklace:

Body:

Rnd 1: With Green yarn Ch2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook crocheting over tail. Join with a sl st to first sc. Pull tale to close hole. (6sc)
Rnd 2: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, [2 sc in next st] Do this 5 times. Join with a sl st to first sc. (12sc)
Rnd 3: Ch1, sc in same st as joining, sc in next st, Sc Popcorn st in next st, sc in next st, Sc Popcorn st in next st, sc in next st, Dc Popcorn st in next st, sc in next st, Sc Popcorn st in next st, sc in next st, Sc Popcorn st in next st, sc in next st. Join with a sl st to first sc. (7sc, 4 Sc Popcorn sts, 1 Dc Popcorn st) (12sts total)
Rnd 4: Picot in same st as joining (the picot will be your tail), sc in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 11 sts. Join with sl st to first sc. (Make sure the picot is pointing out) (12sc)
Finish off and weavein ends.

Shell:

Rnd 1: Join Yellow yarn with a sc to any st, 1 sc in each of the next11 sts. Join with a sl st to first sc.
Rnd 2: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining back loop only, 1 sc in each of the next 11 sts back loops only this Rnd. Join with sl st to first sc. (13sc)
Rnd 3: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 12 sts. Join with a sl st to first sc. (14sc)
Rnd 4: Ch1, sc in same st as joining, ch1, skip next st, [sc in next st, ch1, skip next st] Do this 6 times. Join with a sl st to first sc. (7sc, 7 ch1 spaces)

Trimming:
Join White yarn with a sc to any front loop from Rnd 1 of shell. 3 sc in same loop, sl st in next loop, [4 sc in next loop, sl st in next loop] Do this 5 times. Join with a sl st to first sc. (6 groups of 4 sc, 6 sl sts)

Necklace Part:
With Variegated yarn Ch110. Weave chain in and out of ch1 spaces of Rnd 4 of shell. Tie end of necklace together like you would tie your shoe. You should be able to untie it.

With permanent marker draw dots for eyes on the head. The head is the Dc Popcorn st, that is opposite to the tail.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl July 10, 2008. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Just wanted to say, thanks for the pattern. It worked up quickly. I made the wristlet for my son. He loves it. I will post a picture when I can get the turtle. By the way, fyi, it fits a matchbox car perfectly, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived