Your favorite crochet supplies?

Do you have hooks you use over and over? Do you keep your supplies out where you can enjoy looking at them?

I have my hooks in little glass vases on top of a book case. I so enjoy seeing them there. I rearrange them now and again, like flowers.

Some I keep for sentimental reasons, the antique Boye thread hooks that were my mother's. Some are ones I love to use, my antique Bates. Some remind me of crocheters of days gone by: the bone ones especially.

I keep a little bowl for needles and stitch markers.

There are hooks in WIPS and in my crochet hook case, but the ones in my vases are a nourishing presence in every day view.

Have you got favorites, too?

I have my wood hooks that dh and I made that I use over and over. I also have a basket on my end table with hooks, scissors, tape measure, ruler, needles etc in it. I have a bigger basket I keep my current yarn in too.

I have a tote that I got from Lands End that is huge its an exlarge zip top tote it has 4-6 pockets on the inside one to hold my scissors one to hold my hook case my needle case etc. then the whole middle is open for my yarn and patterns its sitting right next to my recliner where I crochet the most. I use my Graydog hooks most often I got them off Ebay over the last 4 years here and there buying a new one I think I have 5 in each size now :) I think its an addiction lol. I have them in a satin crochet hook case that I also got off Ebay and I LOVE IT its so soft and its emerald green my favorite color with some flowers on it it hold 12 hooks then I got a wooden needle case thats pretty cool its in the pocket so nothing gets lost or becomes a cat toy

My Mom made me a pretty crochethook holder years ago

It is leather with a letter D for Darlene and a butterfly craved on it and it is even painted in colors... My favorite place to keep my hooks.. But like rabbits crochet hooks seem to multiply for many reasons so they don't all fit in my leather holder.. In fact been thinking how to keep the ones I use the most handy to use... So many hooks and now so many sizes!!!

:hook

Darlene

I love the idea of a little glass to display the extras, I have several, my MIL bought me a bunch of steel thread hooks off eBay and I just don't use them but I'd love to display them, I have the hook case from Walmart and I've outgrown it. hmmm off to search my cabinets for an appropriate glass, if I don't have one it just means I need to make another trip to Goodwill :lol

The "I" hook I learned to crochet on more than 13 years ago is still my favorite. Its aluminum and the color has worn of of the finger grip from so much usage.

I have a cute little container (probably a vase from a new baby girl type floral arrangement) with teddy bears on the front that holds my tall hooks (two Brittany's from my holiday 07 swap partner!), scissors, pens/pencils, misc loose hooks that don't have a case of their own. It sits on the floor lamp by where I usually sit and :crocheting. I have a small basket on a desk, not next to where I usually :hook that holds extra darning needles, tape measures, etc. (There's always a tape measure in a WIP bag :D

My fave crochet supplies? don't think I can pick. I love my bamboo hooks, I love working with thread (so then my steel hooks are faves too). I have a few cute stitch markers I made, I enjoy using those (mainly to keep my work from self-frogging :D)...

My favorite supplies are my Susan Bates J hooks. I have many of them.

I usually swatch a new project with worsted weight yarn and a J hook, then go up or down according to what is needed.

Since I keep numerous projects going at once, and I leave the hooks in them, I sometimes go to get out a J hook and there isn't one. Eeeeeeeeek! I panic for a moment. It's a horrible feeling. I should know better, but I panic anyway.

I even keep a set of hooks at my sister's place a couple miles from me. And one of my other sisters just gave me 3 hooks, which included a J, so I put them in the hooks over there.

I think the J is my favorite because my mother taught me to crochet on it.

My favourite hooks are my Turn of the Century ones, which I keep in the wooden case they came in. I use them when I'm making something particularly special.

For everday use I have these Aero hooks (an aussie brand I think). They have the hook at the top and a thick plastic handle at the bottom making them easier to grip. I love those.

I keep all the hooks I'm not using in two cylindrical pencil cases, and my current projects live in one of two bags. Either a patchwork bag that my sister made for me, or a red silk tote that I got off ebay. I love them both.

Archived