Quicky Bath Pouf

NeedleSpell

I found a bug in my old bath pouf, and rather than ask questions how, why, or when it got there, it went in the trash. It was on the way out anyway, the bug was just an added reason to junk it.

To the point: I'm thinking "Gotta run to the dollar store and buy some." Then, the lightbulb goes on, and I make one up real fast (last night and this afternoon) out of my stashed yarn. :hook

Since this is the first item I've made that is completely original, I'm showing it off. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23088049@N05/2622848394/in/set-72157603888526319/

cute I have seen some crocheted online before but wasn't sure about the germ factor since they would stay wet longer..:think

A very cute idea though

Darlene

I figure it's like back in the old days when I never had poufs and used a plain old washcloth. I'd throw it in the wash at least once a week to make sure it doesn't get gross. :D

Wow, I'm impressed. I don't think I have the confidence yet to just sit down and whip something up on the fly. Looks nice and squishy and soft, my requirements for a loofah.

Thank you! I really should make some more of them. Do ya think people would buy them? I can certainly make them cheaper than the plastic ones I see sold for $5 and up.

cute I have seen some crocheted online before but wasn't sure about the germ factor since they would stay wet longer..:think

A very cute idea though

Darlene

I have four bath puffs that I made out of Peaches and Creme cotton, and they dry very quickly. After I'm finished bathing I rinse them really well and then I just hang them from the little rack thingy that I have hanging from my shower rod and they're dry in a couple of hours. The thing I like best about the cotton ones is that you can wash and dry them with the regular laundry, so I toss them in with my whites so they get a shot of bleach, and then they get tossed right in the dryer with the rest of the clothes once a week. I figure if there are any germies lurking in them, the bleach kills them off.

Archived