My (Not Pink) Sands Tote

LeahB

I have been very busy lately, and have finished lots of projects. So, here is another of my recent finishes.

It is the Pink Sands Tote from the Crochet Garden.

I used Peaches and Cream Yarn. The one thing that I was kicking myself about with this is that I only realized about halfway through the striping pattern that I didn't have to fasten off every time I changed color. If I had realized sooner I would have had a lot fewer ends to weave in. I guess If I do this one again, I will be smarter about that.

Also, the one change I made to the pattern was to make the handles shorter than the pattern called for. They seemed really long to me. Even after shortening them, the bag works really nicely as a shoulder bag and holds a WIP, which was its intended purpose.

Oh, one other thing is that for some reason, in both of the photos I managed to take, the color is looking very blue on this. In real life it is more like a slightly bluish purple. On the Peaches and Creme website, they call the color deep purple, but it definitely does run more blue than I had hoped when I ordered it. However, I am happy with the way this turned out, and the peaches and creme worked really nicely for this tote.

Pictures are clickable.

th_IMG_1195.jpg th_IMG_1197.jpg

So, what do you think?

Oh so pretty!!! THAT does it! I'm going to break down and order the pattern. :crocheting I'd seen someone else's tote on here from that pattern and loved it but was trying to cut back on the spending. I try no more. :hook

Oh so pretty!!! THAT does it! I'm going to break down and order the pattern. :crocheting I'd seen someone else's tote on here from that pattern and loved it but was trying to cut back on the spending. I try no more. :hook

That's what happened to me too :) I kept looking and looking and looking. I told myself I didn't need another bag pattern, but in the end, I just couldn't resist. And now I already have plans for another. The other thing is that is does come with a hat pattern as well, and initially I didn't think I had any interest in the hat, but now I find myself thinking I might enjoy a hat as well. I think crochet patterns are dangerous that way. Luckily I already have the pattern. :hook

Archived