look at all this yarn EDITED: I hit the jack pot

Congrats on all your goodies!!! :hook Why are there people that can take something that is fun and turn it around where it isn't much fun anymore!!! I would have taken the whole kit n kaboodle and never looked back!!! :devil

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have bought the box of yarn in a heart beat! And then turned around and asked if they wanted to buy it and upped the price. You got a great deal, I would have bought awhole bunch more. When DH saw the pic, he said I am sure glad we don't live near there, I would be broke. :hook

I would have bought exactly all what I wanted..I mean you already had to wait your turn anyways..so you should have just bought what you wanted ... that is if there was more you really wanted for that price. I know I would have!!! DH would been glad to spend that instead of me going to Wal Mart or Hobby Lobby and buying..he might even would helped pick some...LOL!!!

Namffoc SCORES!

Good on ya ... what a great find.

(No estate sales here in Vegas ... no one 'dies' here ... they just 'disappear' ... LOL ... Bugsy Segull ... The Godfather ... LOL!!!)

:cheer

i would have bought as much as i could too and then after the comments bought more and given what I hadn't really wanted to our senior center here where they will take the yarn to make crafts. you stood in line, you did what you needed to do.

Love the purple!

I am kinda in agreement with everyone who has said they would have tried to buy it all. Too bad your fellow crafters who were there were so snotty...Congrats on your stash enhancement acquisition, nonetheless!!!:clap:clap:clap

Wow! I'm so happy for you. I love yarn. I don't understand the attitude of those women. The whole idea was to sell everything and you were a big help doing that. Please, let us know what you decide to make out of it.

Now that would even send me to this yard/estate sale. Boy you can tell the person selling this is not a crocheter or a knitter. $.25 a skein, I would be filling up the car.:rofl

:clap Congratulations. I think I am like everyone else and brought all of it. I love to have alot of stash. I have more fabric than I will ever need but keep buying more and more and buying more and more yarn. Must be a disorder with me...lol

:cheer:clap Great find!!! Congrats to you!!!! I am like some of the others, I would have bought all I wanted or would have taken it all. You stood in line and waited your turn, so you were entitled to buy what you wanted regardless of whether or not there was anything left for them.Those little ladies should have gotten there earlier if they wanted/interested in buying the yarn!!! They always told me the early bird always gets the worm!!!!

Well aren't you a Lucky Star ;) My eye went striaght to the motifs you got and I relized that it's the start of the same tablecloth my Great Grandmother made back in the late thirties, it weighed almost ten pounds. It was lost to mold several years ago, I haven't had the gumption to make a new one yet.

Here's a link to the pattern

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/Luckystar.html

Archived