Rosewood hooks

I am new to crochetville, so I apologize if I missed a thread on this. I searched, but didn't find one.

Has anyone tried the rosewood hooks? I just saw them at HL yesterday, and I wondered if they would be worth the money.

I have a GREAT set of the slippery aluminum hooks that I have had for awhile, but my hands always get so cold. I was wondering if the wood hooks would be warmer.

I like my bamboo ones better (clover I think) but those rosewood ones at HL are SO beautiful that when they were on sale, they jumped into my cart. :blush. The first times I used them they were either too sticky or too slippery, depending on the yarn. But now that I've used them a few times, that extra finish/waxy stuff has worn down, and they are lovely.

Wood hooks of any kind are definitely warmer than the aluminum hooks. And they don't get hot and slippery either on a hot summer day. :)

HTH :)

I am new to crochetville, so I apologize if I missed a thread on this. I searched, but didn't find one.

Has anyone tried the rosewood hooks? I just saw them at HL yesterday, and I wondered if they would be worth the money.

I have a GREAT set of the slippery aluminum hooks that I have had for awhile, but my hands always get so cold. I was wondering if the wood hooks would be warmer.

welcome to the ville:hug:hug:hug

I have both set's hobby lobby sells and I don't like them! The hook is to pointy and I find myself splitting yarn with them.

My sentiments exactly! I bought them because they are beautiful, but I don't like to use them to crochet.

I agree with you that metal hooks are cold, especially in the wintertime. I find myself sitting on my hook to warm it up. Laugh if you want, it's true. haha

Buy a bamboo hook and give it a try. You may like it better.

I have one rosewood hook and LOVE it. I wish I could afford more. It retains heat which greatly helps my pain.

However, I also have a bamboo hook I bought a couple weeks ago. I wanted to compare the two types and see which helped me more.

The bamboo hook left me in so much pain I had to crochet that week less than half the time every day as before buying it. I will never buy another bamboo hook, ever.

Now I'm using a set of Clover Soft Touch I got really cheap on sale at Joanns.com. They are heaven!!!

Archived