bags bags everywhere

Yikes. I realized today, after a couple of weeks of dragging my current projects and crafts in plastic bags back and forth to work (that, of course, are growing according to goldfish rule*) that I needed to tote my stuff in something more suitable. Thereafter, I realized that the reason I was using plastic bags was because I had other craft bags temporarily (or not so temporarily) full of other projects, etc. So, I visit the bottom of my closet, where I distinctly recalled putting some empty totes....and I grabbed the purple go-to-the-beach bag...and it dawned on me that I have a ridiculous amount of totes!!!! I have assorted projects in assorted stages of "done-ness" all over the house. Bad, bad, bad. How about you? Is this another trait that makes us crafters similar?:hook:yes? *goldfish rule is that a goldfish will grow to accommodate the size of the tank you put it in....that applies to the stuff in your purse too....the larger the purse, the more junk that will accumulate in it:lol.

:roflI have most of my stuff in daiperbags that I got from the hospital from my kids.Then I have laundry baskets in my closet full of craft stuff!:eek:thinkno wonder I dont have any for the laundry anymore:lol

I have some really pretty tote bags, it would be a shame not to fill them with projects otherwise they'd be hidden away empty in a closet and no one would be able to see the pretty things. Right? Right? Right!:yes

:jumpyayHere a tote, there a tote, everywhere a tote-tote, Oh Miss Sharon had a tote, E-Aye-E-Aye OOOOH! I couldn't resist! I have the too many totes syndrome too along with too many backpacks and plastic sacks of projects! Are we related? Or are we suffering from bagitis?:woo:heehee

Hey Sore, I have all those canvas totes full of projects too, so now I am making crocheted totes using double strands. Great big soft totes and they are working out great!

:lolTotes, what totes? I don't need no stinkin' totes.:lol

My husband has commented that I don't buy bags anymore..I make twice as many instead. And I refuse to count them all!! You can't make me count them!!!:laughroll:neener

My DH calls me the bag lady I have sooooooo many bags of all types and sizes and I still look at the new ones in the stores all the time I think it just part of being a crocheter :hook DH also says that it is ok for me to get a new one once in awhile and dose not yell when I buy yarn as long as I dont go overboard :manyheart he says it is part of my therapy and so he dosent see it an obsession isnt he the greatest:yay

Terrie

Oh, it's definitely part of the craftiness gene! :lol I've got it bad. And the goldfish rule definitely applies. I went from my scrapbook corner in the living room to a small bedroom for my "craft room". Now it has yarn and projects in plastic shoe boxes, drawers, tote bags, grocery bags, etc. etc. :eek We just quietly close the door to the room and back away slowly.

I love nice tote bags! I used to have all my WIPs in plastic bags. Now if the project isn't too big, I have half a dozen nice canvas-type tote bags my parents got me from the dollar store. Love 'em! They look so much nicer! :) When I kept my projects in plastic bags, I was always afraid someone would mistake a WIP for garbage! :lol

I love bags. Love them. Have a ton of them, always look at them at the store. Love bags! But when hubby came home with a new one he got for free (promotional one) that I said would be perfect for yarn, etc (lots of pockets!), he said No! LOL. We use it for groceries now, but I'm tempted to requisition it anyway!

:rofl:rofl:roflI thought I was all alone in this....little did I know I belonged to the sisterhood of the project-filled tote bag! I think Vickie Howell actually recommended on her show one time to keep different projects in different bags so you can grab quickly on the way out the door. Crafting on the go!

:laughroll:laughroll:laughrollOkayyyyyyyy, this is so funny. I was just thinking, yesterday, as i walked out the door to work, with my currant project in a plastic wal-mart sack stuck inside a guess what??? tote bag. anyway i thought to myself, girl you have plenty of tote bags, why are you carrying a plastic sack inside a tote bag???? and then here we are, discussing the whole weird crocheters thing about totes in a thread....we must get this gene along with our need to create in a fiber way!!!!! this is just way too funny:lol i must be flipping out.....

Karla

Archived