First Necklace Attempt

seaschell

I wanted to make a necklace for my mom for Mother's Day... I got a pattern here: http://www.glorious-day.org/blog/blog/2007/12/pattern-for-jewellery-set.html and tweaked it to something I thought my mom would love. I don't think the finished product is too bad, but my hubby hates it! I needed a second (and third, fourth, fifth, etc.) opinion. What do you think?

100_0700.jpg

100_0707.jpg

100_0711.jpg

very pretty, what a great gift :) lucky mum you have

I think it came out very pretty! my husband has no vision. I could hold up a piece like that and he would think it was strange, but when I wore it with an outfit, he would say...hey, that looks great. trust me it is a great gift and any woman would love it and already be lining up outfits for it. the pendent really makes the piece!

Thank you for your feedback! I used 24 gauge copper wire that was colored black. I also used 24 Swarovski beads and I don't remember what the pendant officially was. All the supplies came from Joann's.

I think it's pretty.

I wonder what on earth your DH doesn't like about it? Men can be peculiar.

• 1 month later...

:clap Great Job! Excellent... :cheer It is one of a kind. The necklace should look unique, that's what gives it character...

How did your mom like the gift? How do you like working with wire?

:yay Very nice seaschell :yay Have a plesant crochet day! Cari

Archived