Yarnaholics Unanonymous

Check this out:

"A ring for the "Yarnaholics Unanonymous" support group for people who are addicted to yarn and sincerely wish to stop the mad collecting and hoarding."

http://yarnaholics.blogspot.com/

:rofl

Although I cannot join.....I am NOT ready to agree to those first few things listed. I admit it could be...maybe...might be...a slight problem...but that is as far as I am willing to go.

WELL I surely don't need that!!! I don't have a problem with my yarn! I love it and it loves me! I need my yarn and it needs me! Isn't that a bit of an oxymoran anyhows? How can a person have a yarn addiction? That is totally insane!!!!! :devil

Darn....I don't have any orange/red/purple varigated....I don't need it but I just might one day in the near/far future. I really need to stock up on it and fast. I'll never know when an idea hits me when I'll need orange/red/purple variegated thread, mohair, chenille, acryllic, cotton, wool....blends.....EEEWWW HEMP! Yeah, that's it, I need it in HEMP....hmmm...gotta go...gotta see where I can get some online..

Nope, no addiction for me.

Why would anyone want to stop?

I really can't figure that out either....it is so much fun;) and I love my yarn....I would go through withdrawls....seriously.

They only have 4 members! But it looks like they just started the ring...

Well that's because there is no such thing as a yarn addiction!!! DUH! The 4 that joined probably joined because they don't know about Crochetville and had no other place to hang out!!!

Okay; I'll admit I'm addicted to yarn, but I wouldn't say that it's a "problem." :lol Like so many of you, I NEED my yarn! I need to have yarn around me, even if I don't use it.

Last night, my hubby asked me to clean up a corner of the living room because my yarn had grown over it again. :blush He also put up some new shelving for me to store it in because I've outgrown my other storage options!

I am only up to four totes of yarn, one of them only half filled....don't think that I totally 100% qualify as addicted yet....although, I am getting up Saturday at 4:30 in the morning to :drive to Germany to go yarn :shop'ing in Hamburg with Anna.....might that qualify me as addicted?? Just in case I am not, I really should wait and hold off joining this ring ummmmm indefinently! :lol

How can anyone be addicted to yarn. It is so soft, and warm. Maybe we should start something for those who want to have a yarn love :manyheart fest. Oh, the blues and greens, the bulkies and the fingering, the worsted and the wools. I love them all. We should spread this kind of love to everyone. (Maybe not, because if we do there won't be enough left for us to buy):heehee

Oh please, that is one ring you will NEVER see me signed up with. Addiction? I think not. Love-yes, obsession-perhaps. I was in Stashbusters for 17 days (okay for 7 I was on vacation) and it killed me. The yarn buying gives me instant gratification. Besides, Diamond is right, you never know when you may need purple/orange variagated yarn. I'll tell you one thing, as soon as you get rid of it, you'll find a need for it. It's now my one vice and darn it, I'm not giving it up!

I just realized that I am a yarnaholic. Show me yarn and make me happy. A friend of mine just nicknamed me Gimpy McYarnie. I recently sprained my ankle, which of course gives me a good exucse to pity myself and buy some new yarn and make some more stuff :D

There alot of crocheters/knitters at work and someone brang in all their leftover

skeins and scraps and I didn't care what was in the two big boxes, I just grabbed them and took them directly to my car.

-Gimpy McYarnie

Who wants a button with "Proud Yarn Addict" on it? I'd be happy to make one!!! :yay

and BTW, the Mexicana (which is that orange, red, black, purple, green veri yarn) comes in handy for pet snuggies and catnip toys! I know...that's what I use for my kitty toys~~especially for mouse-type so they don't look like the real thing! I have an entire skein and part of one!! :devil

Our motto should be "Yarnoholics Unite!!!"

or

"Yarn Lover and Proud Of It!"

Yayyy! Spread the word!

I think the Yarnaholics thing will be about as successful as stashbuster's month. I really should take the button off my blog. I haven't bought any yarn this month, but I've been given so many sweaters, and frogged most of them, that the stash has grown instead of shrunk. :blush

the part about this that strikes me funny.. is .. i could never half my stash.. i would have to work for the next year.. on my 325+ pounds of yarn.. LOL..

Elizabeth, 325 lbs???? Okay, you got me beat!

Who wants a button with "Proud Yarn Addict" on it? I'd be happy to make one!!! :yay

ME ME ME!! :hi:woo I am proud t be an addict (:eek ) can you tell by my name?!

that would be awesome!!:yay

NOOOOOOOOO I am NOT addicted!! Obsessed maybe tho lol I will be moving from Michigan to Texas by June 27. And taking ALL my 10 totes of yarn!! Seriously tho..... I did get fantastic deals on a lot of it (friend/customer from where I worked sold me yarn at a fantastic low price). Another customer was moving so he brought me his wifes yarn ( oh man, we are talking really nice yarn too). I find yarn at yard sales etc. Just bought 6 - 8oz skeins of yarn for 50 cents each. Maybe I should have a button that says.... Obsessed With Yarn!! lol and maybe I should change my name to CrazeeCrocheter?? lol

Okay, here it is!! Take it whoever wants it!

BTW, the background is *part* of my own stash! :devil15857681_78b0361553_t.jpg

:wooWoo hoo! We got a yarn addict button! What a great way to start the day!! Hmmm....should we start a web ring for yarn addicts?? Like a yarn addicts support group.....you never know when you might be looking for a certain color and think..."Hey! I saw that color in Diamond's statsh....wonder if she would trade me that for 4 skeins of orange/red/purple variegated that I heard she was looking for!" :lol

I gave in - a ring is a great idea - I'll have it up and running by the end of the day - can I use your button as the ring button?? I'll put a made by disclaimer on the main page.... :-)

Oh, Yeah! :cheer:cheer I snagged the button too - what a great idea! :clap

No way could I ever quit buying yarn cold turkey. :eek It's hard enough for me to link it to my dieting! I'm not tempted to cheat with food but I'm tempted every day with yarn.:goodorbad

Bron

To seperate the themes I will start a new thread with the Yarn Addicts Unite web ring for those of us who are the opposite of a Yarnaholics Unanonymous participant! :)

Archived