JoAnn's, you disapoint me....

I got there expecting them to have a six pack of white susan bates plastic hooks.... and they didn't have them!

That's the only reason i dragged myself all the way out there.

On the other hand, they did have scrapbook supplies 40% off...So I got a cute stamp for my price tags. :D

Our JoAnn stores here in Harrisburg, PA are very disappointing after having a JoAnn Superstore in Col. Springs. They have good books, and I hate to let a coupon go unused.......;)

Our JoAnn stores here in Harrisburg, PA are very disappointing after having a JoAnn Superstore in Col. Springs. They have good books, and I hate to let a coupon go unused.......;)

*nodnod*

I signed the mailing list today.... will they send me good coupons?

I went shopping on Wed and was disappointed with Joanns, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby. No one carried light weight cotton yarn, they always seem to have every other knitting needle that I'm NOT looking for. From now on I'm going to order my yarn online! I'm also getting the Knit Picks interchangeable knitting needles for my Birthday!!!:yay:yay:yay:yay

You are so right about cotton yarn. It frustrates me that none of the stores around here carry a variety of cotton yarn. Peaches & Cream is nice but there ARE other cotton yarns...they must not have gotten the bulletin. :lol

You would think in spring/summer they would stock more cotton! I can't find Cotton Ease anywhere, & no TLC cotton. I do find sport weight cotton...I bought a few skeins of that recently but I want some nicer WW cotton to work with.

I really miss the sport weight Sugar & Cream that Hobby Lobby used to carry. Same colors as the worsted weight S&C, but just felt so nice to crochet with. I dont know if the company stopped making it, or if HL just decided to not carry it anymore.

I actually liked to crochet doilies out of the sport weight. Easier for me to hold, and so what if the doilies were a bit larger than the suggested gauge. I dont like to use the worsted weight for that.

Our stores (JoAnns, Michaels, and AC Moore) are so far away, that I've now taken to calling to find out if they have certain items. I'm not about to waste enormous amounts of gas for nothing anymore...

JoAnns stores has always disapointed me. I now just think of it basically as a fabric store with a few extra goodies. They do have good book though. I love their online store and shop there regularly. Most of the coupons work there too and they usually have a free shipping offer going on.

You are so right about cotton yarn. It frustrates me that none of the stores around here carry a variety of cotton yarn. Peaches & Cream is nice but there ARE other cotton yarns...they must not have gotten the bulletin. :lol

You would think in spring/summer they would stock more cotton! I can't find Cotton Ease anywhere, & no TLC cotton. I do find sport weight cotton...I bought a few skeins of that recently but I want some nicer WW cotton to work with.

I asked the lady at Hobby Lobby if they had any cotton yarn and that's what she went for first. :( I said that I was wanting to make a summer top and that I thought it would be to heavy for one. She told me that they didn't have anything lighter. When I was at Michaels they were fully stocked on all the Wool you could ever want! It's April, at the time, summer is coming I really don't want anything wool right now! :angry

I going to have to have a look around the web for the sport weight Sugar & Cream, ErinLindsey. That would work perfectly for some tops.

I asked the lady at Hobby Lobby if they had any cotton yarn and that's what she went for first. :( I said that I was wanting to make a summer top and that I thought it would be to heavy for one. She told me that they didn't have anything lighter. When I was at Michaels they were fully stocked on all the Wool you could ever want! It's April, at the time, summer is coming I really don't want anything wool right now! :angry

I going to have to have a look around the web for the sport weight Sugar & Cream, ErinLindsey. That would work perfectly for some tops.

I checked the Lily website to see if they had it listed. It's not listed anymore. They list several different versions of the S&C yarns, just not any sportweight. :(http://www.sugarncream.com/product.php?LGC=sugarncream

I still have 3 balls of the sportweight. (in the colors of red, white, and blue. One ball of each) I'm afraid to use them for anything because I'll never be able to replace them.

I tried Googling for the sport weight, and just havent found it. All the sites that Google found on the first page of the search went to sites that were obviously not any real site that you could find the sport weight at.

I knew I should have stocked up on the sport weight when I worked for Hobby Lobby in 2001/2002. Darn!

I checked the Lily website to see if they had it listed. It's not listed anymore. They list several different versions of the S&C yarns, just not any sportweight. :(http://www.sugarncream.com/product.php?LGC=sugarncream

I still have 3 balls of the sportweight. (in the colors of red, white, and blue. One ball of each) I'm afraid to use them for anything because I'll never be able to replace them.

I tried Googling for the sport weight, and just havent found it. All the sites that Google found on the first page of the search went to sites that were obviously not any real site that you could find the sport weight at.

I knew I should have stocked up on the sport weight when I worked for Hobby Lobby in 2001/2002. Darn!

This is prob my first post so bare with me, not sure how to do quotes , links etc yet! lol

google home of peachs and cream go to site , click on products then scroll down to 925C if that is not to likening under the 925 is other choices..fine/sport..baby/sport etc..fair amount of colors too. this is all 100 % cotton yarn and looks like it would handle your dolly needs. This yarn is under their honeysuckle brand. That is the good news, the bad news at this time only comes in cones but at least you can crochet away again without fear free of running out :yay hope this helps and you find your needs there.

Oh and you might be able to buy sample cards of sizings if you are not sure, I don't know if they have phone access.

It's funny this thread popped up. I was thinking this morning about asking everyone if it was just our JoAnn's or the entire chain that seemed to be "wanting". My last trip in was not a happy experience. I think I walked out with a spool of ribbon. Our store has so much ready-made stuff and kits. The traditional "from scratch" supplies are dwindled down every time I go in. I think the yarn (shoved against the back wall) was purchased Summer of 2005 and looks so picked over. I usually end up shopping at the local WalMart.:(

I find Joann's disappointing when it comes to yarns and other accessories you may need. I don't even bother going there for these kinds of things. They don't have a large selection and never seem to be fully stocked. It's the place I'll go when I need fabric or sewing items.

I usually just go to AC Moore or Michaels.

Archived