My freecycle find!!

Wow! I want it so bad the yarn and the adorable twins lol. That's an awesome find.

I'll trade you six pounds of sugar and cream cotton for those twins... :lol

Seriously, they're adoreable. You must be so proud!

I put a request in my local Freecycle a few days ago, asking if anyone had yarn to get rid of for some charitable crochet--it's almost embarrassing how much yarn I brought home! I wish I had a working camera so I could show you.

1 medium trashbag with some full/partial skeins of acrylics, plus 2 afghans partially frogged.

ANNNNDDD

1 giant comforter bag crammed full of mostly unlabled yarn skeins: mostly boucles, along with some LB Wool-Ease, some LB Suede, some Caron Perfect Match or Pounders, some RHSS, some novelties, and some mystery yarn (don't know what it it). In this bag there is somewhere between 50-100 full/partial skeins and balls of yarn!!

I was trying to figure out what to do for a charity crochet project--baby hats for my hospital, afghans for my mom's nursing home, something for the women GYN cancer patients I care for (I'm an RN), etc. This yarn has given me the answer--Seraphinas for patients on my unit!! We have several repeat patients--in for chemo on a regular basis, or for complications, etc. We also have lots of ladies (unfortunately) who get their initial diagnosis of cervical/ovarian/uterine cancer while recovering from surgery on my unit. To make a long story short, I can find good homes for 5 or more "secret" Seraphinas from this haul.

Yay!!

Archived