Yarn at Walmart today

7pawz

Hello all:) lots of us have noticed that Walmart has depleted their inventory of yarns recently---my area no different:( but I was really shocked when I looked at the yarn today---there was a few of Lion brand's mohair in a couple of bins on the bottom and they were DUSTY & FUZZY as if the yarn had been stored for years and then looked as if someone had mauled it! I couldn't believe that yarn was in the condition it was in, has anyone ever noticed something like that? I mean I wouldn't have bought the yarn home, it didn't look as good as what i picked up at the salvage store a couple of weeks ago. Go figure:(

I only recently started shopping at Walmart; there wasn't one in my area until about last year. Anyhow, their crafts department is FANTASTIC. Lots of yarn and so many notions; I like it there even better than Michaels and AC Moore. They also have fabric and sewing patterns. It shows no sign of closing down either.

I only recently started shopping at Walmart; there wasn't one in my area until about last year. Anyhow, their crafts department is FANTASTIC. Lots of yarn and so many notions; I like it there even better than Michaels and AC Moore. They also have fabric and sewing patterns. It shows no sign of closing down either.

You're so lucky:) our walmart used to be the way yours is, but they gotten rid of most of the fabric, very little sewing notions, and the yarn selection isn't what it used to be either.:( My walmart isn't the only doing this, others have mentioned that their walmart is doing the same. Enjoy your Walmart, I hope it stays like that for a LONG time:D

Our Walmart nearest us is pretty limited yarn-wise.

I have to cross my fingers if I buy short & need additionalk skeins, I have to hope they have more of what I bought, if needed...

Our AC Moore, on the other hand, is loaded with yarn! Aisles & aisles...

I'm in heaven when I go there...:manyheart

You are very lucky your Walmart has such a great department. Ours here is awful, they carry much too much of the expensive yarns & i can't hardly find any caron anymore. When they run out of something you'll wait weeks to see it again:eek

Our Walmart nearest us is pretty limited yarn-wise.

I have to cross my fingers if I buy short & need additionalk skeins, I have to hope they have more of what I bought, if needed...

Our AC Moore, on the other hand, is loaded with yarn! Aisles & aisles...

I'm in heaven when I go there...:manyheart

wish we had an AC Moore here:)

The walmarts near us are pretty limited now to what they have. They do have yarn,and fabric, ect... but they dwindled it down to a pretty small size compared to what it was.I love the summer season for one thing though, the deals I will find at yard sales and flea markets on yarn and the like.

Kim

Ours had some, but it wasn't a good selection. Just a few skeins of different colors. Not like the old days when you could get almost anything you wanted. Kind of disappointing.

:manyheart

Ours had some, but it wasn't a good selection. Just a few skeins of different colors. Not like the old days when you could get almost anything you wanted. Kind of disappointing.

:manyheart

So true:) I love the pounders in RH but not much to select from here:( so I try to make HL occasionally, it's 45 mins from me.

Hello all:) lots of us have noticed that Walmart has depleted their inventory of yarns recently---my area no different:( but I was really shocked when I looked at the yarn today---there was a few of Lion brand's mohair in a couple of bins on the bottom and they were DUSTY & FUZZY as if the yarn had been stored for years and then looked as if someone had mauled it! I couldn't believe that yarn was in the condition it was in, has anyone ever noticed something like that? I mean I wouldn't have bought the yarn home, it didn't look as good as what i picked up at the salvage store a couple of weeks ago. Go figure:(

Yes, the very limited yarn in the Walmart near me is also very fuzzy and dusty!!! It's often tangled with original wrapper missing and obviously less ounces. Seen better in thrift shop or Goodwill. Also, when this yarn is on (rarely) sale, it's only about $1.00 off. Seems like the condition of the yarn went down hill when they downsized the craft department. It's just awful!

charkitty

The Walmart by me had started down-sizing their craft section a while ago and it wasn't very big to begin with. A few choices from Lion Brand and a few from Red Heart. Once in a while Caron SS but that's one of the things that's gone now. Some threads and a very limited selection of Peaches & Creme - never more than about 7 balls total. No hooks or pattern books at all. I stopped going there for yarn since they never put anything on sale or restocked. I have Joann's, Michaels, and AC Moore that run sales and give out those lovely coupons. It's kind of hard for Walmart to compete with the craft stores around here so I guess they aren't trying.

It has been sad to see WalMart downsize their craft section. I still get my Caron SS there cause it's cheaper than JoAnn's even with a 40% off coupon. I also get the Peaches and Cream cones from WalMart, again their cheaper than JoAnn's even after a coupon. But for anything else I go to JoAnn's. I've been checking out Hobby Lobby's yarn occasionally but I never seem to catch any good sales that everybody else talks about so I signed up for their email sales flyer. Maybe this will help my luck.

~ Debby

Yes, the very limited yarn in the Walmart near me is also very fuzzy and dusty!!! It's often tangled with original wrapper missing and obviously less ounces. Seen better in thrift shop or Goodwill. Also, when this yarn is on (rarely) sale, it's only about $1.00 off. Seems like the condition of the yarn went down hill when they downsized the craft department. It's just awful!

charkitty

I agree, that was the first time that I noticed the yarn in that condition, I have to drive 45 mins to HL or shop online for yarn:(

It has been sad to see WalMart downsize their craft section. I still get my Caron SS there cause it's cheaper than JoAnn's even with a 40% off coupon. I also get the Peaches and Cream cones from WalMart, again their cheaper than JoAnn's even after a coupon. But for anything else I go to JoAnn's. I've been checking out Hobby Lobby's yarn occasionally but I never seem to catch any good sales that everybody else talks about so I signed up for their email sales flyer. Maybe this will help my luck.

~ Debby

It is sad to see the crafts and yarn downsized, here it's been a slow process, but they finally stopped carrying cross stitch thread and patterns, the yarn has shrunk to nothing. I get the email sales flyer from HL too and it really does help. Smiley's yarn online has some nice sales, though I've not ordered from them yet, but they've been around awhile. Our walmart used to have a great selection of SS, but not much now. good luck with your search:)

Sheree

My wal mart still has some yarn

I wish we had ACMoore here too.

I checked out the ACMoore site, it'd be so great to have one here, I'd be a kid in a candy store:lol

Archived