Cute Seahorse Pattern (5 images)

champygirl

I decided to type out the pattern too, I figure it was easier to read than the jpg's, but I still posted the links to them in this thread. I ended up grouping the diagrams together and numbering them. :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thought I'd write down a pattern (I created and made) to share. I made this seahorse a little while ago, thread in Miscellaneaus file. I wrote it down and then put it in a jpg format and uploaded it to photo bucket, because it hade alot of diagrams. I was worried it wouldn't load right if I typed it up here with the diagrams, or bog down bad. I have the original in word still if this doesn't work out. Here it is my very first pattern by me:

Cute Seahorse Pattern

post-11825-135897405983_thumb.jpg
By Amelia Beebe Aka Champygirl
Copyright April 25,2008

Materials:
Worsted Weight yarn In three colors. One for body (main color), one for hair color and a little bit of black for embroidering facial features (I used RedHeart Supersaver yarn) Some bit of yarn for the necklace and the heart too.
Polyfil (stuffing)
Size E hook
Yarn Need (For sewing)
Stitch Marker ( I used a bit a yarn)

Note: For the horse I made, I used Red heart yarn in Petal pink, Light blue, and black. For the necklace Red Heart gold and burgandy.

Diagrams can be found at the end of the pattern.

Main color =MC , Hair color =HC, Black =Black
Do not join at the end of rounds, horse is crocheted in a continuous spiral.
Always Mark first stitch of first round with stitch marker. Moving it up after each round is done.
Head:
Rnd 1: With MC, chain 2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook, crocheting over the tail. Pull tail taut to close hole from starting. (6sc)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each stitch around. (12sc)
Rnd 3: [1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next stitch] Repeat this around. (18sc)
Rnd 4: Sc in each stitch around (18sc)
Rnd 5-9: Repeat rnd 4 for rnds 5 thru 9. (18sc)
Rnd 10:[sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st.] Repeat around (24sc)
Rnd 11:[2 sc in next st, sc in each of next 3 sts] Repeat around (30sc)
Stuff nozzle.
Rnd 12: Sc in each stitch around. (30sc)
Rnd 13-15: Repeat rnd 12 for rnds 13 thru 15. (30sc)
Rnd 16: [sc in each of next 3 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together] repeat around (24 sc)
Rnd 17: Sc in each stitch around. (24sc)
Rnd 18: [sc decrease next 2 sts together, sc in each of the next 2sts] Repeat around(18sc)
Rnd 19: [sc in next st, sc decrease next 2 sts together] Repeat around (12 sc)
Stuff head.
Rnd 20: [sc decrease next 2 stitches together] repeat around. (6sc)
Finish off leaving a long tail for weaving. Weave tail in and out of each sc of the last round, then pull the tail to shut opening and weave the end in.
Body:
Now to the body, the body is made by attaching the yarn right to the bottom of the head and worked down. (or up, however you see it) It will look something like this as you get
to working on it, see diagram 1
Body Cont….
(Remember to use your stitch marker and move it up as you go along.)
Rnd 1: Join yarn of the same color (MC) to bottom of the head with a slip stitch. Sc 17 sc around evenly. (17 sc) See Diagram 2:
Rnd 2: Sc in each st around. (17sc)
Rnd 3: [2sc in next st, sc in each of the next 2 stitches] do this 5 times, 2 sc in next st, 1sc in next st. (23sc)
Rnd 4: Sc in each st around. (23sc)
Rnd 5: Sc in each st around. (23sc)
Rnd 6: [sc in each of the next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st]Do this 5 times, sc in each of the next 3 sts.(28sc)
Rnd 7: [ Sc in each of the next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st] repeat around. (35 sc)
Rnd 8: Sc in each stitch around. (35sc)
Rnd 9-11: Repeat rnd 8 for rnds 9 thru 11. (35sc)
Rnd 12: [sc decrease next 2 sts together, sc in each of the next 4 sts] Do this 5 times, sc decrease next 2 stitches together and sc in each of the next 3 stitches. (29sc)
Rnd 13: Sc in each stitch around. (29sc)
Rnd 14: Sc in each stitch around. (29sc)
Rnd 15: Sc in each stitch around. (29sc)
Rnd 16: Sc decrease next 2sts together, [sc in each of the next 2 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together.] Do this 6 times, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts. (22sc)
Rnd 17:This round is depending on where you joined the yarn to the head. Sc in each of the stitches in the front and then on the back [sc decrease next 2 sc together, sc in each of next 2 sts] do this 4 times. You should have 18 sts total and 4 of those sc decreases. In the front there should be 8 regular sc in between the first decrease made and the last decrease made.(18 sc)
I know this is a pain but it helps for curving the tail. See Diagram3:
Rnd 18: Sc in each st around. (18 sc)
Rnd 19: Sc in each st around. (18 sc)
Start stuffing body.
Rnd 20: Repeat rnd 17. Except this time when you get to the back {sc decrease next 2 sts together, and 1 sc in next st] do this 3 times. You should have 15 sc total, 3 of them decreases. You should have ten regular sc in between the first decrease and the last decrease. (15sc)
Rnd 21:Sc to side of horse(whatever’s side is closest). Slip st in next st, turn, sc in next 7 sts (you will be working on the front of the horse), sl st in next stitch.
See Diagram 4:
Turn, sc in each of the next 7 sc, sc in same st the slip stitches went into, sc in each of the next 6 sc, sc in other st the slip stitches went into. Sc in in each sc until you reach your stitch marker. (15 sc)---you definentlly made more this round than 15, but since your working on top of the stitches you made when turning and going around after that, and didn’t increase it should be 15sc.
Rnd 22: Sc in each stitch around. (15sc)
Rnd 23: Sc in each stitch around.(15sc)
Rnd 24: Repeat rnd 21.(15sc)
Rnd 25: Sc in each stitch around. (15sc)
Stuff body until you get to this round, after this round no more stuffing. When you get to the rounds above where the tail starts to form, do not over stuff, stuff sparingly.
Rnd 26: Sc in each st around. (15 sc)
Rnd 27: Sc in each st around. (15 sc)
Rnd 28: [sc in each of the next 3 stitches, sc decrease next 2 sts together] do this 3 times. (12 sc)
Rnd 29: S c in each st around. (12sc)
Rnd 30-45: Repeat rnd 29 for rnds 30 thru 45. (12 sc)
Rnd 46: Sc in each st around, the slip stitch in next stitch and (leaving a very long tail for sewing) finish off. (12 sc)
For sewing the tail, I sewed it by folding a little at a time, the sewing it down, folding again, and so on. When folding (or rolling) it should be to the back side of the horse.
See Diagram5:
Folding (or rolling) it into the little nook on the back., finish tail by sewing the rolled up tail at rnd 18 or 19. Make sure it will stay in place, so it doesn’t move or roll out, make a knot and fasten off, weave in ends. Should look something like this.See Diagram 6:
Hair:
Row 1: Join hair color to rnd 13 on top of the head in the center with a slip stitch. Work 22 sc on the head and going down the back(to rnd 7 of the body). (22sc)
See Diagram 7:
Row 2: Ch 6, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, then sl st in each of the remaining 4 chains. Turn, sl st into one loop of the last sc made (the loop that is towards you), [Ch 6, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, then sl st in each of the remaining 4 chains, sl st in one loop of next sc] do this 21 times, Ch 6, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, the sl st in each of the remaining 4 chains, turn, sl st into first unwork looped on the other side you come too. [Ch 6, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, the sl st in each of the remaining 4 chains, sl st in one loop of next sc] do this 21 times, fasten off and weave in ends (44 strands of hair) See Diagram 8:
should look something like this.
Note: For longer hair just make the chain longer, you just have more chains to slip stitch into. For shorter hair just make the chains shorter. For thicker hair you can use sc instead of sl sts or work another row of hair in the other sc loops. See diagram9:
For rainbow hair use variegated yarn.
Ears: (Make 2)
Rnd 1: With MC ch2, 4 sc in 2nd chain from hook. (4 sc)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in next stitch, 1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next stitch, 1 sc in next st.(6sc)
Rnd 3: 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 stitches. (8sc)
Rnd 4: Sc in each st around, sl st in next st. Fasten off amd leave long tail for sewing. (8sc)
Ear cont…..
Repeat rnds 1–4 for other ear. Sew one ear on each side, on rnd 15 or 16, 2 sts down from the hair line. Finish off and weave in ends.
Face: I used regular 4 ply black worsted weight yarn, only I splitted it in half to have it thinner. I noticed that it made embroidering easier, rather than using the ww yarn as it is, which was bulky. If you have black cotton thread, embroidering floss, or a lighter weight yarn that would work too.
Eyes: I embroidered the eyes around rnd 9 to rnd 13 on the head. I attached the yarn at rnd 9 and went up at an angle one and 1 ½ to 2 sts (or rounds) up and I went around twice. See fig.1, you should be at rnd 10 or ll. Then I went at an angle adown 2 stitches (or rounds), going around twice. See fig.2, You should be a rnd 12 or 13. After that you should have something that looks like fig.3. Now you will be working on the lashes. See fig.4 to where to start, where the arrow is pointing is where you always start the next lash. Go up at an angle 1 st (or round), going around 1. You should be at rnd 13 or 14. See fig5. Then for 2nd eyelash go 1 to 2 sts down on same round, going around once. See fig6. For 3rd and final lash go at about the same angle as second part of the eye, going around once. See Diagram 10:. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Mouth: I did the mouth in between rnd 7&8, going around 6 sts. I joined the yarn in between rnd 7&8 on the lower half of the head on the snout. I went around 6 sts. See diagram 11:
Snout: To make the holes in the snout, Join yarn in between rnd 1 and 2, go around 1 to 2 sts and then yarn out on the other side if starting round. Go down 2 stitches, go around sts and finish off and weave in end. See Diagram 12:
Flippers:(Make 2)
Rnd 1: Ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook. (6sc)
Rnd 2: 2sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 sc in next stitch, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts. (8sc)
Rnd 3: 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st. (10sc)
Rnd 4: 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 4 stitches, 2sc in next stitch, sc in each of the next 4 stitches. (12sc)
Rnd 5: Sc in each stitch around. (12sc)
Rnd 6-9: Repeat rnd 5 for rnds 6 thru 9. (12 sc)
Rnd 10: Sc in each of the next 4sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, sc in each of the next 4 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together. (10sc)
Rnd 11: Sc decrease next 2 sts together, sc in each of the next 3 sts, sc decrease next 2 stitches together, sc in each of the next 3 sts. (8sc) Fasten off leaving long enough tail for sewing. Sew one flipper on each side at an angle, between rnds 6&10. Finish off and weave in ends. Diagram 13:
Necklace:
With necklace color ch 30, sc in the back loop of the 2nd chain from hook and in the back loop of each chain across, finish off leaving a tail long enough to sl st the 2 sides of the necklace together. (you will join the 2 side after you get the heart sewed on.)
Lil Heart: With heart color ch 5, dc in third chain from hook, dc in same chain, hdc in next chain, sc and ch2 in next chain , turn over working on other side of chain, sc in the other side of chain the sc and ch2 are in, hdc in next chain, 2 dc in next chain, ch2 ans sl st in same chain. Finish off, leaving a long enough tail to sew on. Sew to the middle of the necklace, finish off and weave in ends. See figure1in Diagram 14:. Wrap necklace around horse’s neck and sl st ends together, finish off and weave in ends. See figure 2. Diagram14:
Note: If you want the necklace bigger, so it lays looser or so it slips off so a child can use it as a bracelet, just add more chains before you start your sc, you’ll just have more sc to do. Or you can do the necklace, but instead of having it sl st together, you could just add a string to the other side, so you could tie the 2 ends together. So its easier to remove for a bracelet. See figure 3 in Diagram 14:.
You could easily make the lil heart into a strawberry appliqué, by just doing it in red and by adding a green stem.

These should be clickable:
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/other%20stuff/cshpimages2.jpg]post-11825-135897406008_thumb.jpg

Here are the links to the pattern in jpg format:
The pattern has not been tested.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/other%20stuff/cshp1.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/other%20stuff/cshp2.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/other%20stuff/cshp3.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/other%20stuff/cshp4.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are a couple links to a seahorse I did using purple yarn:
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/426231-R1-16-15A.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/426231-R1-15-14A.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/426231-R1-14-13A.jpg

Hope you enjoy my pattern and I hope I wrote so it make some sense.
Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl April 25, 2008. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.
Enjoy the pattern. The pattern has not been tested and the reason for the not to great diagrams done in ms paint is because I don’t have a digital camera and I was too lazy to break out the scanner and draw them by hand.

If the pics are little wonky when clicking on them, go to my photobuck (link on bottom) Go to folder 'other stuff', and click on the images there and click on the magnifying glass saying full size. I hope its a little better.

If you guys have any suggestions, please post. I been wondering if I should just upload the diagrams, then type out the pattern here and post links to the diagrams. ????? Please let me know. Sorry for rattling off here, it is the first pattern I written and posted. So I'm jittery. :lol Thanks.

post-11825-13589740598_thumb.jpg

post-11825-135897405988_thumb.jpg

post-11825-135897406004_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pattern. I can't wait to make one for my daughter. Kids are a great excuse to make all the fun patterns I find or buy. Ha! :crocheting

What an adorable Sea Horse. Your pattern looks wonderful. It is very detailed and the diagrams are awesome. You really put a lot of work into this. I think that the pattern will be okay. I clicked on the pictures then clicked again so it would be a bit larger. I didn't print it out because I'm not hooked up to my printer right now. I'll let you know if there is a problem when I print it out.

Again, Thanks so much for such a detailed written pattern. :hug

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Thank you for the pattern! It was really well written and easy to understand. :c9 I'm making a bunch of them to go in the goodie bags for my daughter's Little Mermaid 4th birthday party. The girls are gunna be so thrilled to have this little friend!

Archived