The Yarn is Speaking to me!

Sorry, I know the yarn can be a pain, but when it is done, it is like childbirth. You forget all the trouble it gave you. Alls you notice is how beautiful it came out and the way the colors just flow. :roflSorry couldn't resist.

It is a little difficult to work with, but the finished product is worth it.:hook

I have used the yarn to make 2 Seraphina and now a Shawler and found that if I loosen my tension a little it is easier to work with.

I love the finished product.

:hug

:lol like childbirth... good point. I've used it to knit and crochet with, and it's a smidgen easier to crochet with, but I still use an L hook, and I used huge knitting needles. However, my mom's favorite scarf is a knit Homespun scarf, so it does come out nice and soft. It's good for granny squares. I'm working on a long-term scrap one right now, it's just so expensive!

I love the colors in Homespun, but it IS a pain to work with. I just use larger hooks and try to loosen the tension more, but I've found that the more you frog, the more frayed it looks... and I've even found frayed spots in the yarn the first time I used it, like in the middle of the skein.

Has anyone else experienced this with Homespun. Everytime I use it I have a problem of it coiling upon itself like a spring. Then I have to stop and get it untwisted. This mostly happens when it's knitted, but what a pain. The colors are so gorgeous in this yarn.

I am amoungst the Homespun LOVERS, If I could make EVERYTHING out of it, I would..lol...but I am ALWAYS cold, so the warmer the better...

You go girl!!

Oh and BTW, a JIMBO hook works GREAT with HOmespun!!

You may want to change the hook, I noticed that Boye hooks work better on some yarn then Bates. And then again plastic hooks better than aluminum and then again you have the wooden :eek :eek :eek

Wow I just muddied the water. I have worked with the yarn and have loved working with it but I know I have to have the varies of hooks near me

I have used this yarn before and I know the trouble it can cause, mind you - I never had a child so I can't compare it to childbirth like MJ!!!!! :lol:lol

But for some reason, the first time I used it to make a scarf it didn't give me any trouble at all but the second time I used it I swore that I would never use it again and I haven't!!!!

Archived